ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Without Condition as to time (Stamp 5)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adelmurray

Without Condition as to time (Stamp 5)

Post by adelmurray » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:17 pm

hi everyone ,

does anybody know how long is it taking now (as of 2013 ) to process a Without Condition as to time application (Stamp 5) , and if any of you or your friends have recently applied for renewal of such application
thank you for sharing your experience and help

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:50 pm

any ideas guys ??

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:17 pm

adelmurray wrote:any ideas guys ??
I dont know the timeframe but I can tell you that it is relatively easy!.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:34 am

thank you so much IntegratedMigrant for your reply , just to add some more info to this : I'm a holder of Stamp 5 and applied for renewal , the last time i applied for this stamp it was a few years back it took only 10 days to receive my passport with the endorsement . and now as of 2013 according to the INIS website it says it's taking them up to 50 days to process . the reason why i'm asking ohther people for their experience is just to get a clearer picture regarding the time frame from people who have recently applied .
thank you again and would appreciate if anybody who is in the same situation to post a reply .

sunnymohsin

stamp 5 renewal

Post by sunnymohsin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:00 pm

HI! there i have stamp 5 which is expiring on 9th of april i ring them but nothing is clear well i foto copy all the passports old and new one with the letter thay write to me when thay grant me stamp 5 in back 2010 i post it to them i also went in to immigration office on the keys but thay wasent shure as well what to do anyway i will know in few days and i will let you know gys as well. and if you know any thing please let me know as well

god bless.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:24 pm

if you want to renew your stamp 5, you have to send them ORIGINAL passports.

adelmurray

Re: stamp 5 renewal

Post by adelmurray » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi sunnymoshin ,

just to give you an update on the WCAT satmp 5 .
i have applied for renewal on January 2nd 2013 , i got a response from them on 18 february (refused) . for Lack of good character , even though i was granted such a stamp back in 2010 , and the conviction i have dated back to 2006 . so i'm wondering why did they grant me the stamp 5 status in the first place if the conviction was dated back to 2006 , and there's no more Convictions since then no Criminal record .

as for your application : they willl need Photocopies of both your old and new Passports , a Copy of your GNIB and a utility bill as proof of adress with a cover letter stating that you are requesting the renewal of your WCAT stammp . once they make a decision on your applicaiton they will write to you requesting original Passports your old and new in order for them to endorse the new passport then they will send them back to you to allow you to renew your GNIB card .

best of luck and hope that this info is useful to you .

Good Luck and God Bless

sunnymohsin

stamp 5 renewal

Post by sunnymohsin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:31 am

Thank you very much for your reply i am sorry to hear your story then what did you did if thay refuse you for renewal of stamp 5 .did you go back to stamp 4 ? it is very scary situation my visa is expiring on 9th of april i had never a singal conviction and i have never went to court even for a single fine. do you think my case will be ok. please up date me if you can thanks

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:23 am

i tired to go back on stamp 4 but was told i can't at my local Immigration office , so i'm going to INIS to try and explain the situation and hopefully i will receive some positive decision wether on stamp 4 or 5 since my driving conviction was 7 yeards ago .

as for your case it should be renewed without any issues and you should receive a positive decision soon .

best of Luck !

sunnymohsin

stamp 5 renewal

Post by sunnymohsin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:59 am

HI! there thanks for fast reply may i ask what was the effense you made look if you didnt kill any one it should be refused i know peole in holland drove without any thing i mean any thing thay wer cought all happend was just fined them and thats all. anyway it is good idea to see some officeal and talk to them in person i droped my documents in drop box there in inis lets see whatever is the outcome i will keep you posted

best of luck

regards

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:38 pm

the Offence was drink driving back in 2006 , was fined €250 and license suspended for 3 months as i was barely over the limit . what's annoying me is why they gave me the stamp 5 in 2010 and not now . i wrote a letter trying to explain that it should be noted as a spent conviction as it has been 7 years now , i tried to see the person in charged of the WCAT stamp today but was told i can leave the letter and supporting documents for his attention and he will get back to me . so i did that and just wait and c what happens next .
as i said regarding your application you stated that you have no court appearance or a conviction it should be straight forward case , and they will issue you with the stamp in a few weeks time . you will receive a letter in the coming days acknowledging receipt of your application then in a few weeks time (6 weeks in my case ) , you will receive their decision .

Good Luck with everything .
God Bless

sunnymohsin

stamp 5 renewal

Post by sunnymohsin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:11 pm

HI! i just talk to someone who knows much about this kind of things he told me once you issue a stamp5 visa it shouldent be revoke coz its a kind of permnent visa once its given its given please have a word with them it is very importent and meanwhile we pray for you as well hopefully things will be much better and you will be given your visa back now i just drop the documents yesterday my garda card is expiring on 9th of april you think i be ok before that anyway i inform them that ...and on your stamp is there any date on it coz on my there was not date of expiry

thanks

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:11 pm

thanks for asking around for me , after i dropped the Appeal letter i said i'll give them a week or so then i will see an immigration solicitor about it .

as for the time yes you are right there's no time on the stamp itself but real time runs based on your Passport expiry date and that is when you get issued with the GNIB Card they will have the Expiry date of the card exactly the same as the Expiry date of your Passport . in my Case my Passport will Expire Tuesday 22 February (tomorrow) . so once your Passport Expires you will need to Re-apply for another stamp to be endorsed on your new Passport then based on the new stamp you get a new GNIB Card issued .

the Name of the stamp is called Without Condition as to time meaning yes you shouldn't have to re-apply for it or get refused once it is issued but the Way they have it designed is you have to re-apply again but the trick is can they refuse to issue it the second time ? that is a big question to be answered and needs someone to bring a high court case to clarify the situation .
i just hope it will be ok for me without the need for lengthy courts proceedings and expensive solicitors .

as for your application you should receive a decision before the 9th of April and if you don't it's ok if you reun late a week or so to renew your GNIB Card , it happened to me before and was ok so long as you have submitted your application you should be ok .

thanks again for your support and Prayers
god bless

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:43 pm

well, it's possible that back in 2010 they did not check the 'character' whether you have been good or bad. that's why you were granted stamp 5. but if they checked now and something came up, i am not sure how it will be dealt with.
by the way, with a drink driving conviction you would have a problem getting citizenship as well, if you went for it.
anyway, i see it much changed since the last time i was reading about it. i wasn't aware the copies have to be submitted first. but maybe that for the best, because in that way they don't have to hold on to the original passports for ages.

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:22 pm

agniukas wrote:well, it's possible that back in 2010 they did not check the 'character' whether you have been good or bad. that's why you were granted stamp 5. but if they checked now and something came up, i am not sure how it will be dealt with.
by the way, with a drink driving conviction you would have a problem getting citizenship as well, if you went for it.
anyway, i see it much changed since the last time i was reading about it. i wasn't aware the copies have to be submitted first. but maybe that for the best, because in that way they don't have to hold on to the original passports for ages.
that's true because back in 2010 they didn't mention the good character thing on their website , so that is why i applied for it and got it , had they told me then that i do not qualify for it i wouldn't have bothered changing from stamp 4 to stamp 5 . also sure if they changed the rules they shouldn't the new rules shouldn't apply to the people who already were granted such a permission unless they have committed an offense after the date they were granted the initial stamp . it's like you were given permission to build a house on a plot of land , you built your house then a couple of years later that plot of land gets rezoned , would they ask you to move or demolish it ? of course no the law would then apply only to new applications .
that's my own opinion regarding this
i just hope it goes well and they can see sense after i explained a few things in my letter to them .

sunnymohsin

stamp 5 renewal

Post by sunnymohsin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:25 am

HI! i am totley agree with you. i have worked in netherlands foe few years before i start it in here in ireland thay also have somthing like this calld visa for life for those who have a cant get a duch passport but i never herad that after giving that thay did backround checks again once its given its given and you never have to write or see them again evry thing is in comuter just go with a new passport to the immigration and thay will do the rest with a smile on there on there face here things are very diffrent but it made me sade when i here your side of story hopefully you be fine and yes i am agree there are many things to be re consdred in irish system .all the best and you will be ok soon we pray for you if you want to talk or something let me know i can give you my skype id

regards

sunnymohsin

stamp 5 renewal

Post by sunnymohsin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:57 pm

HI i just got acknowledgement in the post and its say,s i have to wait 50 working days and thay give me new ref no i realy have many questions to myself why did i get this stamp 5? ist made any diffrence copeare to stamp 4
the answer is nothing it made it more deficult before when i have stamp4 i just walk in go to the counter and renwe my visa now i have to wait for weeks and still thay want to made a decision after giving a stamp realy dont know what to do

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:14 pm

sunnymohsin wrote:HI i just got acknowledgement in the post and its say,s i have to wait 50 working days and thay give me new ref no i realy have many questions to myself why did i get this stamp 5? ist made any diffrence copeare to stamp 4
the answer is nothing it made it more deficult before when i have stamp4 i just walk in go to the counter and renwe my visa now i have to wait for weeks and still thay want to made a decision after giving a stamp realy dont know what to do
Hi there , just wanted to thank you for you support in your last message .

i went today to GNIB to try and explain the situation may be they can give me an extension or something , was talking to a very helpful lady who listened to me and was surprised as to how come i got approved the first time and now denied . anyway she advised me to write to the department seeking to get back on stamp 4 . so i have contacted an immigration solicitor and will meet up sometime next week and see what channel to take wether to pursue the stamp 5 or just apply again for stamp 4 .

i know your frustration regarding waiting for 50 days in order to renew the stmap 5 , and you are absolutely right probably better off stayed on stamp 4 myself as you said just walk in and get it renewed there and then . i don't think the system is properly designed at all . as there's no difference between both stamps really no advantage whatsoever.

as for your application just sit tight and wait you should get it back before the 9th of april even if it goes beyond that it's not your fault and GNIB will certainly renew your Card no probs there . just pray and hope that you will get your citizenship approval so you don't have to go through this mess again . same for myself i will get this sorted please god and will pursue my citizenship application as it is pending the renewal of my GNIB Card and no issue with my Conviction as they only wanted a Receipt of payment of fine .(was refused back in 2009) this is my second application and it's looking good , unless the WCAT section try to talk to that up for me which is this stage will be no surprise to me .

once again thanks for your support and sit tight and pray and you will be fine please god

sunnymohsin

stamp 5 renewal

Post by sunnymohsin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:51 pm

HI! thank you very much hopefully things will be in your faver this time and you be fine then even you get back stamp 4 witch is much better then this one no need to write to anyone just go and renwed i will also up date you the outcome as soon i have it to be honest i want to get out of here i was just stuk coz of my kids. but the kids are bit big now and we can move easyily if you need any help or want to talk about it just contact me once again all the best .

prayers and regards

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:14 pm

people mainly went for Stamp 5, because it is valid till the expiry of the passport. lets say passport is valid for 10 years, so Stamp 5 covers you for 10 years and you dont have to renew your stamp and pay for the GNIB card every year, which is 300 Euros now

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:52 pm

sunnymohsin wrote:HI! thank you very much hopefully things will be in your faver this time and you be fine then even you get back stamp 4 witch is much better then this one no need to write to anyone just go and renwed i will also up date you the outcome as soon i have it to be honest i want to get out of here i was just stuk coz of my kids. but the kids are bit big now and we can move easyily if you need any help or want to talk about it just contact me once again all the best .

prayers and regards
thank you sunnymohsin , i really do appreciate your comfort and support and please god we will be sorted one day .

i believe in god and his destiny whatever is there for me i will get it at the end . it's like i never thought i would end up living in ireland , so it was gods plan and destiny that is the way i look at it , not INIS no Ministers no Politicians we are all the same in front of god .

best of Luck and thank you for your sympathy and prayers for me .

Kind regards !! i will update you on how my situation is sailing probably i will PM you instead .

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:12 pm

agniukas wrote:people mainly went for Stamp 5, because it is valid till the expiry of the passport. lets say passport is valid for 10 years, so Stamp 5 covers you for 10 years and you dont have to renew your stamp and pay for the GNIB card every year, which is 300 Euros now
you are absolutely right in my case my passport only lasts for 5 years so there isn't much benefit from it anyway , however it was a good idea as my stamps 4 used to be renewed every year which as we all know costs now €300 , so thats the only benefit from it really . on the other hand i'd rather pay the €300 every year and get it sorted the same day than this applying and waiting game they are playing .

good luck to everyone

sunnymohsin

stamp 5 renewal

Post by sunnymohsin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:17 pm

i know but even when i had a stamp 4 i was getting 5 years visa and stamp but i never thought before to get citizenship just was my own reson i am here past 13 years wife is an irish 2 kids boy and girl son is about 11 now i just realise when i have to bring him to france it took two months to get me a visa then just for that pupose i applyd citizenship in last year hopefully it will be there soon

good luck

regards

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:21 pm

sunnymohsin wrote:i know but even when i had a stamp 4 i was getting 5 years visa and stamp but i never thought before to get citizenship just was my own reson i am here past 13 years wife is an irish 2 kids boy and girl son is about 11 now i just realise when i have to bring him to france it took two months to get me a visa then just for that pupose i applyd citizenship in last year hopefully it will be there soon

good luck

regards
i was trying to send you a private message sunnymohsin but it's not sending for some reason .

my child is nearly 11 i love her to bits and can't see myself living apart from her especially after we lost her mother last december , i don't care about INIS and the department of justice or whatever rules they bring in next , as far as i'm concerned i'm here to stay watching my child grow up and be there for her whenever she needs me , that's what fathers do with their kids . and i'm that kind of father , i will take the department of justice to the high court , the supreme court , the European court of Justice what ever court that is available to me to make sure that my parental rights are preserved no matter what .

sunnymohsin

stamp 5 renewal

Post by sunnymohsin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:39 pm

oh i can understand i am an father myselfe i think you are going to be allrite tomarow i am gona see that friend of ours who work as a trany lower at the moment and will speak to him and let you know but i can feel that you are going to be ok and thay will give you your stamp back we will pray for you.

regards