ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

rejection and further Q

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

laxani

rejection and further Q

Post by laxani » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:15 pm

Hi, my application got rejected because I did not give them my original bank statements as proof of income ( I gave print out of online banking- foolish me- I do not get any paper statement- tried to save some trees)

When I lodge a new application, do I automatically get the points awarded in the first application ( given I submit the same evidence)

Also, when I get the HSMP approval ( hopefully), how do I apply for FLR? Do I have to furnish fresh english language requirement? Can the refuse my FLR because IELTS is more than 2 yrs? or do I just send my passport with fee to HO by post?

thanks

Jk2007
BANNED

Re: rejection and further Q

Post by Jk2007 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:20 pm

laxani wrote: Also, when I get the HSMP approval ( hopefully), how do I apply for FLR? Do I have to furnish fresh english language requirement?
thanks
If you are making a new HSMP application, if you plan to show IELTS proof for English proficiency, unfortunately you need to provide IELTS that is not more than 2 years from the date of application.

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:41 pm

what about if anyone is applying for extension; do they need a fresh ILETS or a three year old will be acceptable.

laxani

Post by laxani » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:02 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the above. My question was what happens AFTER one gets the approval from HSMP. I am in UK now with a student dependent visa till april 2007.

If and when I get HSMP approval, what is the next step? Do I need to show evidence of english or is it just like extension of visa under other categories?
thanks

Jk2007
BANNED

Post by Jk2007 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:10 pm

Mrs Khan wrote:what about if anyone is applying for extension; do they need a fresh ILETS or a three year old will be acceptable.
For HSMP extensions, your old IELTS score will be acceptable.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:45 pm

Since you are on a dependent visa here, Once you get the HSMP approval, you have to go back to your home country and apply for EC. FLR is not applicable for you at this point of time.

laxani

Post by laxani » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:52 pm

Thanks webhunter. Could you please give me any reference where I can look into it? I really dont want to go home to apply for EC.

If I want to extend my visa under my current category, i can do that without going home.

I thought I can do the same for HSMP as well.

Thanks anyway.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:07 pm

Hi laxani,

There are no work-arounds for it, There are only valid category of visas that can switch into HSMP while being in the UK.

In your case, I am afraid you have to go back to your home country to apply for the visa. (Anyway, you may want to double-check my info later on)

But before that, I would worry more about getting the HSMP approval first. Once you have it in hand, you will have plenty of time to do research on getting the visa.

Hope that helps.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:09 pm

By the way, you mentioned that your visa got rejected because of not submitting original bank statements, Can I assume that you did not submit your P60 or Income Tax returns? Because if you did, then bank statements would'nt have been necessary.

laxani

Post by laxani » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:41 am

Hi, thanks for that webhunter. I did supply my original P60 till april 2006, and supplied online bank statements print outs since april 2006 for a period claimed dec2005-nov2006. Any thoughts? I also thought that bank statement may not be that important, but here we are.

laxani

Post by laxani » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:45 am

Also, I am confident that I should get the HSMP next time as I only need to provide original bank statements ( which I have already ordered). I am going to provide bank statements covering dec2005-nov2006.

I hope the points I got last time will be given to me this time as well if I provide the same evidence.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:51 am

Yes, the original bank statements should help you get the HSMP next time.

laxani

Post by laxani » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:53 am

Also, I am confident that I should get the HSMP next time as I only need to provide original bank statements ( which I have already ordered). I am going to provide bank statements covering dec2005-nov2006.

I hope the points I got last time will be given to me this time as well if I provide the same evidence.

laxani

Post by laxani » Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:35 am

Thanks. Sorry about the duplication of my previous post above.

melimango

Post by melimango » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:22 pm

I am curious as I'm in a similar situation (sent print outs of bank statement), did you try having it reviewed/appealed? No where in the guidance does it say they must be stamped and signed and I have a paperless account so they WERE the originals in my view, so I feel like I was wrongfully refused.
I only just signed up to this forum and need to read more postings before posting my own, but I was just wondering what the home office had told you.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:27 pm

hi melimango,

welcome to this forum. Could you please post your case details; I dont think they can refuse, just because the bank statements were not signed. I dont believe that is a requirement at all (at least for the bank statements).

Please let us know more details.

laxani

Post by laxani » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:10 am

Hi Melimango,
For HSMP application, as far as I understand (now), everything has to be original. If you have a paperless ( online) bank account , I would suggest you ask your bank to send statement, if not, try and go to the nearest branch to have print out of your online account on their official letterheaded paper and get it signed by the manager of the branch if possible.

All the best

melimango

Post by melimango » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:53 pm

Hi Webhunter-- I wrote a new post here about my situation.

Laxani-- did you try to argue that if you have a paperless account the online statements ARE the originals? It just seems so counterintuitive and unfair to me.

laxani

Post by laxani » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:33 pm

I did not, as I understand I was foolish not to have submitted original bank statements ( doesnt matter how difficult it is to get them from the bank)- as it gives them to reject the application and earn 315 quids!!