ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Rule: 180 days. Do Tier 1 Generals need to submit proof?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ariadna
Newly Registered

New Rule: 180 days. Do Tier 1 Generals need to submit proof?

Post by Ariadna » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:57 am

Hi all, there's a lot of speculation around the following question:

Now with the new 180 days/ in 12 months permitted outside UK, it seems unclear whether or not those on Tier 1 general will have to submit evidence of reasons why they've been outside the UK, even it it doesn't exceed 180 days a year. Or do they not have to submit any evidence?

I am self-employed and i travel, a lot a lot a lot, so i'm struggling to think what sort of evidence i can prove for my leave - but it doesn't exceed 180 days a year.

Any help would be great!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:10 pm

T1G Applicants are not required to submit an employer letter to confirm their annual leave or business related absences. If you however have absences due to serious or compelling compassionate reasons then you will need to submit a personal letter and evidence to support them.

See the ILR FAQ for further info: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378