ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New SET(O) Application Form as of December 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jonbrager
Newly Registered

New SET(O) Application Form as of December 2012

Post by jonbrager » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:23 pm

FYI, there's a new version of the SET(O) application form on the UKBA website. I didn't see any post saying this so I thought I would let people know.

Despite the rule change in December regarding the continuous residence requirement, they did not alter the wording of question D2 in section 9:

D2. Please confirm whether you have been outside of the UK for any single absence over 3 months or one or more absences which amount to more than 6 month in total during the 5 year period:
Yes Go to question D3
No Go to section E

So the wording is still ambiguous and it still appears they are asking if your absenses from the UK are >180 IN TOTAL over the 5 year period, NOT >180 days in any of the 12 month periods leading up to your application date. I don't understand why they didn't re word this question in line with the rule change.

Thoughts?

For me, I have 185 total days absent from the UK over the last 5 years with no single trip > 2 weeks. So in theory I should comfortably be under the limit of the new rule, however, it sounds like I will still have to answer "yes" to question D2 and then state in the explanation box in question D3 why I am still under the new rule?

Thoughts?

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:42 pm

You might benefit from reading this link...
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c ... ermited_ab

It was made by me.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

jonbrager
Newly Registered

Post by jonbrager » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks for the reply. Well, that clears it up. I guess we can either put "No" in question D2 or simply not answer it at all.

Deepa999

Post by Deepa999 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:17 am

jonbrager wrote:Thanks for the reply. Well, that clears it up. I guess we can either put "No" in question D2 or simply not answer it at all.
Yes Jonbrager,
I just mentioned No in D2 section and here is my success story

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=123739

Deepa

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:29 am

As UK BA forgot to delete these from the forms, just say NO, you should be fine.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.