ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Depressed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mishfitt

Depressed

Post by mishfitt » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:55 am

Sorry, i know this inst really a question, I'm just feeling a bit helpless these day waiting for my flr(m) visa. My husband is due to take the kids to Turkey in April and when we booked it back in September we never imagined we might still not have his passport back!

We applied in September for my visa. I'm Australian, he is British. The 6 months no contact period will only be up in march so cutting it fine for his trip! and given some of the waiting times on the skydrive its a bit worry-some, still 2.5 months to go - could happen!

Also very frustrating as i really would like to go visit my father as i haven't seen him in two years.

Anyway, sorry, just needed to have a little rant to make me feel a bit better about it! :cry:

ID29

Post by ID29 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:53 pm

I feel for your frustration. It's something most of us go through while waiting for news from the UKBA.

Looking at your schedule I'm afraid its very unlikely that you will make your holiday... yes, I know that's probably not what you want to hear but I'd suggest rather than depress yourself over this missed opportunity you look forward to happier times when eventually your FLR is finally granted.

Having said all that, and as you said yourself, it could still happen. So keep your fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, are you aware that you 'could' request the return of your husband's passport (assuming he's the sponsor)? It would mean that unless your application is settled you wouldn't be able to join your family on holiday but at least the kids won't miss out. Again, its not the ideal solution but it is making the best of the current situation. And yeah, it'll be horrid sat at home alone but a brief time apart will make those time together all the more special.

Stay positive. :)

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:07 pm

I remember how depressed and anxious I felt waiting for my FLR(M) to come through, so you're not alone in feeling that way.

UKBA have said publicly that they are taking action to reduce the application backlog and intend to be back within their published service standards by March 2013. I believe the service standard for FLR(M) is 95% within six months, so I think there is a reasonable chance you'll have your visa by April (although one can never be certain where UKBA is involved) When did you submit biometrics?

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:44 pm

anniecc wrote:I remember how depressed and anxious I felt waiting for my FLR(M) to come through, so you're not alone in feeling that way.

UKBA have said publicly that they are taking action to reduce the application backlog and intend to be back within their published service standards by March 2013. I believe the service standard for FLR(M) is 95% within six months, so I think there is a reasonable chance you'll have your visa by April (although one can never be certain where UKBA is involved) When did you submit biometrics?
I lost my father at the age of 15 (that was in 1989) and I've not seen my mother for nearly 10 years. The last time I saw my mother was in 2003. That's UKBA for you.