ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Cardiff PEO 28th Jan 2013 (Semi-Premium),

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MP1982

ILR Success Cardiff PEO 28th Jan 2013 (Semi-Premium),

Post by MP1982 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:00 pm

First of all many thanks to all Gurus, Seniors and Members of this forum of whom support was highly valuable in getting my ILR and doing the whole process without paying any consultation fees,

So for the benefit of other members I will share my experience,

• Case HSMP 2 Years and Tier 1 (General) 3 Years, Myself plus 2 dependents (Wife and Son). Son born here but applied for ILR since we have travel plans and wife lived with me in UK for the whole of 5 years
• I had one 1 bus lane fine (PCN) and didn’t mention this and wasn’t an issue at all,

PEO Experience
• Appointment was 10am at Cardiff PEO and we arrived at PEO around 9.20,
• Knowing we were with an small baby the security let us in straightaway, proper airport style checking,
• I was called for a counter 9.40am and caseworker went through my docs. Initially asked;
• Category I am currently in,
• Whether wife been in UK for 2 years
• And said If I am self-employed or a director of my own company they can’t do it same day. I said I am employed and all were fine,
• Asked for my application and he quickly went over it and filled a form,
• Then he asked for my passport and said till he enter the data to his system for me to go over a declaration and sign If I am happy,
• He returned after 15 minutes and had a nice chat with me about how long our names are (form a South Asian background, so long names),
• And then he asked me what other documents I got. I had all my Originals in one file (separate folders) and the same for photocopies. He said fine and took both files and said return to my seat till we are called for Bio-metrics,
• Called for Bio-Metrics and our Luck on that day there was an IT error and biometrics results were not coming through. They took ours anyway and said might have to repeat again in the afternoon (very friendly staff, played for a while with our kid and shared their experience with their kids as well),
• We were asked to leave the premises till they call or return back 3.00pm till no call,
• No call till about 2.30pm so thought will go their anyway and that instance received a call form PEO asking us to return plus they said Bio-metrics aren’t coming through to any applicants applied due to IT error,
• Returned to PEO and caseworker (very nice guy) explained the situation; Said they are happy with our case and the only thing standing approval is bio-metrics.
• Told us to go back and they will call us next day whether Bio-Metrics are fine or whether we have to do them again through a post office, (was not happy because I wanted things done on that day having being to Cardiff from London the day before, hotels booked etc etc,). But this is beyond my control, but was happy that caseworker was happy with the case and my documents and returned all the documents back to me plus all the photo copies,

• Finally got the call this morning saying Bio-metrics are all fine and will get the approval letters in 3 days and BRP cards within 10 days,
PHEW…..Relief finally………….

Documents submitted

• SET (O),
• Photographs and passports,
• Original payslips and 4 years P60s,
Original Bank Statements,
• LIUK pass letters,
• Sons UK Birth Certificate,
• Cohab Documents (Joint name: Council tax 5years, vote polling cards, Individual: Bank statements and HMRC letters, GP letters). From what I experienced they only looked at Council tax as those were the only Cohab docs that were taken out from my fodders. Rest Cohab docs were inside folder as I originally filed them (well this is my guess  ),
• Employer letter – Attached even though this was not required,
• Property Deed – not needed just attached,

So all in all a good experience at PEO apart from the 1 extra day due to IT error (hence the subject) and very professional , friendly UKBA staff…. oh well waited 5 years so why not 1 extra day. Now waiting for BRP and letters on post….

Any questions happy to answer and help if needed,

Thank you,

[/b]

mhkhan

Re: ILR Success Cardiff PEO 28th Jan 2013 (Semi-Premium),

Post by mhkhan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:15 pm

You are a star! Congrats.

I learnt from you that the council tax document will suffice to show my wife has been a cohabitant for two years. I did not have a joint bank account till just 2 months ago .

Best wishes,

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:21 pm

Cheers,

Yeah So that was my experience, and that was the all doc I had on joint names. But carry as much as you can under individual names to cover the 2 years,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Info/Advice I provide is general in nature and shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

mhkhan

Re: ILR Success Cardiff PEO 28th Jan 2013 (Semi-Premium),

Post by mhkhan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 pm

Thanks, will do. My ILR is not due before May next year but have started preparing the list. Will include the tenancy agreement and a utility bill.

Probably you might have some info- I was unemployed for about four months of my entering UK, would that be a cause for concern to show 5 year of economic activity?

Cheers.

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi,

Have you had an extention since then? what category you came under?

MP

Info/Advice I provide is general in nature and shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Sorry, I should have been more specific with my query.

Tier 1 ( General) and got my first extension in 2012 for the additional two years thus completing five years in 2014.

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:28 pm

Congratulations.
Can you please advise on booking an oppointment with 2 dependants and what is the best time ? thanks

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:34 pm

@Stokbrig,

Well I am not sure as to what is the best time exactly. But I tried couple of days midnight as suggested by few members as the best time and had no success, but randomly logged on around 10.30am and plenty of slots available,

So I think this is more like 75% luck aswell, but do try during the time I sugegsted anyway aswell. Most people said either mid night or between 9.30am and 11.30am,

Good luck,

-----
Info/Advice I provide is general in nature and shouldn't be used as a substitute for professional advice where necessary.