ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Form Query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

usr_2013

MN1 Form Query

Post by usr_2013 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:27 pm

Hi,

Please forgive me if these questions has been answered before. I got ILR last year and need to register my UK born son (Born before ILR) as a BC. At the moment my son also got ILR.
While filling the application form MN1, I have encountered some problems and hope seniors on this forum would help me.

1.1 Please indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under which you would like the application considered?
I presume the answer should be 1(3) here, is that correct?

1.2 Immigration and Nationality Directorate or Border and Immigration Agency or UK Border Agency reference number?
Is it the BRP number to be enter here or any other reference number?

2.2 Please provide details of the child’s addresses in the United Kingdom or the British overseas territories for the last 5 years. If the child has been resident for less than 5 years, please give details of all addresses since entry?
My son born on 2008 so still he is 4 ½ years old and he lives all this time in one address. It is asking the duration in this address, what should I put as TO date, is it the application submit date or do I need to mention ‘To Date’ as he still will be in this address?

Section 5 : Can I use 2nd referee as a University Lecturer (Dr.) who got a British passport?

Many thanks in advance.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: MN1 Form Query

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:27 pm

Not sure about your referee question, but others answered below.
usr_2013 wrote:Hi,

Please forgive me if these questions has been answered before. I got ILR last year and need to register my UK born son (Born before ILR) as a BC. At the moment my son also got ILR.
While filling the application form MN1, I have encountered some problems and hope seniors on this forum would help me.

1.1 Please indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under which you would like the application considered?
I presume the answer should be 1(3) here, is that correct? YES.

1.2 Immigration and Nationality Directorate or Border and Immigration Agency or UK Border Agency reference number?
Is it the BRP number to be enter here or any other reference number? If you don't know, leave it blank.
2.2 Please provide details of the child’s addresses in the United Kingdom or the British overseas territories for the last 5 years. If the child has been resident for less than 5 years, please give details of all addresses since entry?
My son born on 2008 so still he is 4 ½ years old and he lives all this time in one address. It is asking the duration in this address, what should I put as TO date, is it the application submit date or do I need to mention ‘To Date’ as he still will be in this address? Current.

Section 5 : Can I use 2nd referee as a University Lecturer (Dr.) who got a British passport?

Many thanks in advance.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:29 pm

The referee is fine

usr_2013

Re: MN1 Form Query

Post by usr_2013 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:51 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Not sure about your referee question, but others answered below.
usr_2013 wrote:Hi,

I presume the answer should be 1(3) here, is that correct? YES.

Is it the BRP number to be enter here or any other reference number? If you don't know, leave it blank.
My son born on 2008 so still he is 4 ½ years old and he lives all this time in one address. It is asking the duration in this address, what should I put as TO date, is it the application submit date or do I need to mention ‘To Date’ as he still will be in this address? Current.

Many thanks in advance.
Many thanks wpilr_nov12 and Jambo. Appriciate your kind help on this.

usr_2013

Post by usr_2013 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi,

I have another question on the MN1 application. My son born in the UK in 2008. In the birth certificate it indicates the place of birth as 'University Hospital Of North Staffordshire, Stoke-On-Trent'. now for the below question, do I need to give an answer? If so the answer given below, is that correct?

2.1 If the child is resident in the United Kingdom or a British overseas territory (see page 8 of the guide), please give
date and place of first arrival.

Answer : xx-xx-xxxx , University Hospital Of North Staffordshire, Stoke-On-Trent'

Thanks in advance.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:02 am

usr_2013

Post by usr_2013 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:38 pm

Thanks wpilr_nov12.

usr_2013

Post by usr_2013 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi,

I have asked my son's reception teacher to sign as 1st referee. Basically teacher knows her about 5 months as my son started reception last year. Is this fine or do the referee known the applicant for certian years?

Thanks in advance.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:56 pm

I got an accountant (Private practice) friend with no uk passport. He put 'community member' in one of the boxes. Other was a BC person with no professional label.

usr_2013

Post by usr_2013 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:26 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:I got an accountant (Private practice) friend with no uk passport. He put 'community member' in one of the boxes. Other was a BC person with no professional label.
Hi wpilr_nov12,

Thanks for your reply.

So hopefully I can use my son's teacher as first referee?? Is there any requirement that the referee should know child for certain years?

For second referee, I will use a university lecturer.

Thanks in advance

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:14 am

usr_2013 wrote: Is there any requirement that the referee should know child for certain years? The requirement as in the book is- YES.

Thanks in advance

usr_2013

Post by usr_2013 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:13 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
usr_2013 wrote: Is there any requirement that the referee should know child for certain years? The requirement as in the book is- YES.

Thanks in advance
Hi wpilr_nov12,

Where it says the referee should be know the applicant for the certian year, I have gone thourgh the MN1 Guide and cannot find any information on this? It just says the below.

'One referee should have known the child personally and have been their doctor, teacher, health visitor, social worker, or minister of religion. The other referee must be a holder of a British citizen passport. He/she must be either a professional person or over the age of 25. See the list of Acceptable professional persons. Each referee must not be related to the child, or to the other referee. He/she should not be acting as a solicitor or agent in connection with the application and should not be employed by the Home Office.'

Please can you tell me where I have missed?

Thanks in advance.

asdf786

Post by asdf786 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:32 pm

Hi Guys,

Filling MN1 for my daughter. I included her for ILR and we all received BRP couple of weeks back.

Now applying for her under Section 1 (3), do i need answer question 1.3 the date of ILR granted?

She got ILR granted date.

thanks