ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NEW Contractor - using only Salaried income from last employ

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anandpathak

NEW Contractor - using only Salaried income from last employ

Post by anandpathak » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:59 pm

Hi All ,
I am planning to go for Tier 1 General Visa SECOND extension throgh POST or PEO if I manage to get an appointment

My Visa is till Nov 2014 , but I am going for a early extension as anyways I would need a second extension to reach ILR level as I came late by almost 6 months. I very well know thats early extension its NOT a cause of any concern as i got my first extension 10months in advance without any problem. The problem better say challenge is below

I am currently employed with a Consulting Company from Feb 2012 and would be leaving on 15th Feb 2013 . I am already serving notice and would be moving to Contracting in March 2013. I have already incorportade my PVT LTD company last week.
My question is :
1. As I have already incorported my Company last week even when I am till now employed , My status in the eyes of UKBA/HMRC changes to "Self employed. Is this correct?
2. My Employement will end in Mid-Feb and contracting will start only in MArch so the first Invoice would be raised not before MArch end.
3. I am planning to use only my Employement SALARY SLIPS from MArch 2012 to Jan 2013 total of which gives me sufficient points and well within " 12 months consecutive income in past 15 months" as required by UKBA as I will apply for VISA in the month of APRIL 2013.

This would mean , a SELF EMPLOYED will be showing income SOLELY during his Employement date through an OLD employer and even without any Document/income/tax for his self employed incorportade company.

Please help me with you inputs if my case is worth taking and you feel is strong ( its definately genuine but complex) and whats all docmenst I should submit in this situation.
I dont want to Submit any paper about my SELF employement.

Cheers
Anand

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:44 pm

You are not self employed if you work as director for a pvt ltd... neither in eyes of HMRC nor by UKBA... You will be still treated as salaried employee for your own pvt ltd...

anandpathak

Post by anandpathak » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:08 pm

bubin123 wrote:You are not self employed if you work as director for a pvt ltd... neither in eyes of HMRC nor by UKBA... You will be still treated as salaried employee for your own pvt ltd...
Thanks Burney for your response.
but in that case ..whats /who is self employed ?
I am a director as well as share holde of my PVT LTD company which has not generated revenue or traded yet..?

looking forwad to enlightenment from you and other form experts :)

Cheers
Anand

tereliye01
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

You will be fine..!!

Post by tereliye01 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:43 am

Hi Mate,

I just got my Tier 1 General Visa extended last week. I had a similar situation as yours. My visa is expiring in Feb 2013, applied for extension in Jan 2013. For salary, used 10 months (not even 12 as 10 was getting me more than enough points, 40 to be precise) in the last 15 months before application (Dec-2011 to Sep-2012) for the same reason as yours.

I quit my full time job in September and started contracting in October 2012 and am operating from a Ltd Company. I did not put a single word in my application for my current contract role even though my full time job was over 4 months before applying for extension and I had been contracting in those 4 months from Oct-2012 to Jan-2013 (time of my extension application).

You will be fine, just dont mention a word about your contracting in your extension application, I did not. Also if it helps, in the application form where it asks for your current job title, keep it blank, I didi that. So long as you have enough to get points for your earnings, UKBA does not care what you do today (offcourse, baring anything illegal). Keep in mind, you are not hiding anything, you are just giving the information asked for and not the information you "THINK" is asked for.

Kind Regards,
Bob

anandpathak

Re: You will be fine..!!

Post by anandpathak » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:23 am

tereliye01 wrote:Hi Mate,

I just got my Tier 1 General Visa extended last week. I had a similar situation as yours. My visa is expiring in Feb 2013, applied for extension in Jan 2013. For salary, used 10 months (not even 12 as 10 was getting me more than enough points, 40 to be precise) in the last 15 months before application (Dec-2011 to Sep-2012) for the same reason as yours.

I quit my full time job in September and started contracting in October 2012 and am operating from a Ltd Company. I did not put a single word in my application for my current contract role even though my full time job was over 4 months before applying for extension and I had been contracting in those 4 months from Oct-2012 to Jan-2013 (time of my extension application).

You will be fine, just dont mention a word about your contracting in your extension application, I did not. Also if it helps, in the application form where it asks for your current job title, keep it blank, I didi that. So long as you have enough to get points for your earnings, UKBA does not care what you do today (offcourse, baring anything illegal). Keep in mind, you are not hiding anything, you are just giving the information asked for and not the information you "THINK" is asked for.

Kind Regards,
Bob
Thanks a lot Bob..your advice would be of great helpful to me especially the " Current job title" one as that was my main concern.
I will follow your footsteps to glory :)

Cheers
Anand