ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success on my last day

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shaad

ILR Success on my last day

Post by shaad » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:39 pm

Hello Everyone,
Once again, many thanks for this forum. I have been reading this forum regularly and has helped me a lot in gathering information.

I got my ILR approved yesterday (Jan 28th 2013) which was also the expiry date on my VISA. Have been very busy during last 4 months in work and just could not apply sooner. Finally I got the interview date online for Solihull on 28th Jan and I took my chances.

I came into UK on 12th Nov 2010 on spousal visa which was valid till yesterday.

Documents I took along with me were as follows:

Form SET (M)
Life in UK Test
Cohabitation Docs - Council Tax bills, EDF Gas, Electricity Bills, DVLA Vehicle Tax papers, TV License. All of these with different dates spreaded out over 2 year period.
Bank Statements under my name and my wife's name

Other documents
Company Statement
only as a precaution if they ask for it.
Company incorporation Letter
Letter from company house
Company Tax Papers and VAT Documents

Once Interview started the PEO only asked for 6 original documents which wold prove my address. He then asked me what I have been doing here since last 2 yrs.
I forwarded him Incorporation of a UK Ltd. Company letter and myself being the Director. Then he asked if I was paying any taxes? Once I said YES to this he asked my for any documents I would be having to prove if I have paid taxes on behalf of my Company and I forwarded my VAT PApers and tax documents. He then read the company profile and smiled.
All the other documents that I had such as bank statements and payslips were not asked for.

Around 1PM the same day, documents were ready for collection.

The whole process went smoothly and I must say that the staff at Solihull were very polite with all the visitors on that day.

Kindly feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Thanks