ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at PEO Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Shekharaca81
Newly Registered

ILR success at PEO Croydon

Post by Shekharaca81 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:02 pm

I must thank the members of immigration board without whose help it would have been impossible for me to apply and get the ILR.

I am sharing my experience today at PEO Croydon so it can help others.

Application for myself and wife and a baby.

Arrival
My appointment was at 10:25. I arrived a bit late at 10:30 and was worried that they would turn me away. However, to my surprise, that did not happen. They let me in and after the security check I went and collected my token number. A word of advice here. When I was given my token number, the guy at the counter had a problem with his computer because of which he gave me a hand written token number. Normally, a computer generated token number is automatically transferred to the first floor where you are called to submit your documents. However, in this case, because it was hand written, I waited for about an hour only to realise that my entry was not registered. So please be careful when being given a hand written token.

Biometrics
After the token is generated, we have to then go to either 1st/2nd or 3rd floor where our documents are checked. In my case it was the 1st floor.

I went up to the first floor at about 11:30 am. I waited for about an hour before they called me for biometrics. Its normally much quicker than that if your token is correctly generated. My and 2 dependents biometrics was taken at 12:30. Then there was a long wait of about 2 hours. Again this is normally only 30-40 minutes. This is the time when your biometric details are sent to their head office to do background checks. In my case I have no idea why it took so long.

Documents handover
At about 14:30, I was finally called to hand over my documents to the caseworker. I handed over to him my whole bunch including photocopies.
No questions were asked at this point.

Wait
After the handover we headed out to grab a quick lunch and were back at 15:30. I was called almost immediately, and was quite pleasantly that for the first time today, something happened on time. But my excitement was short lived as I was called to remind that I had forgotten to give my Biometric card when I had handed over my documents! I handed over my BRP card at that point.

More waiting....
At about 17:00, I was finally called and told that the application was successful.

Reaching home
I am sure you are not interested in knowing which train I took to get home. So I will skip those details.

Some tricky issues
1. My wife was my dependent on tier 1 for only about 8 months. This does not matter. The only thing that matters is the 2 year cohab period.
2. My wife was out of the UK for 6 months when she went to India to give birth. Again this doe not matter as long as you can show the 2 year cohab period.

Any questions, please ask.

Good Luck!
Last edited by Shekharaca81 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shekharaca81
Newly Registered

Documents submitted

Post by Shekharaca81 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Sorry, forgot to mention the documents I submitted

Main applicant:
SET O form
12 months bank statements
12 months payslip
marriage certificate
letter from employer
list of days absent (even though it was less than 180 days)
cohab documents (3 for each of 2 years)
original tier 1 approval letter
work permit approval letter
passport
BRP card
5 years P60

Dependent 1
12 months bank statements
12 months payslip
letter from employer
passport

Dependent 2
birth certificate
passport

Photocopies of all of the above.

Cherryberry800
Newly Registered

ILR DOCUMENT CHECK ENQUIRY

Post by Cherryberry800 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi Mate

Congrats for your ILR

I just want to ask that did they check your documents before charging the fee or did they charge fee first and then check your documents before submission.

Please reply asap as I have my PEO Appointment at croydon on 1st feb 2013

Waiting for your reply

Thanks

wanna_bee
Mood:
India

Post by wanna_bee » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:55 pm

Hi Shekhar,

Congratulations on getting the ILR!!

Some questions: When they said your application was approved, do they give you a approval letter or similar?

And they keep your passport and you get this back in 7 days with the ILR stamped on it, right?

Regards,
wanna_bee

Shekharaca81
Newly Registered

Response

Post by Shekharaca81 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:10 pm

@Cherryberry800

They take the payment first and then check the documents.

@wanna_bee

They do give you a approval letter

They return your passports. The ILR is issued as a Biometric Card and not as a paper document in the passport.

Cherryberry800
Newly Registered

Please Help Me Its an Urgent Request

Post by Cherryberry800 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:52 pm

Just want to ask one last question that is

What if the ILR application is refused or declined after making the payment, Is the fee is refundable or not?

Kindly please update me on this asap.

Thanks

uksettlement
India

Re: Please Help Me Its an Urgent Request

Post by uksettlement » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:56 pm

Cherryberry800 wrote: What if the ILR application is refused or declined after making the payment, Is the fee is refundable or not?
Fee once paid is not refunded regardless of the decision!
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Cherryberry800
Newly Registered

PEO APPOINTMENT ENQUIRY

Post by Cherryberry800 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:00 pm

Thats not good then as I have three points on my licence and fine was given by court but CRB is clean and nothing is been recorded on my crb.

What shall I do I am just confused now?

Shall I go tomorrow or miss the appointment as visa running out next friday the 8th Feb 2013

sayome_now

Post by sayome_now » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:16 pm

@Cherryberry800

Maybe this might give you some confidence. Read Gagan1986's success story of Jan 30th. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=124871

Best of luck