ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Penalty Notice & 3 points on one's driving licence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eighteenofour
Newly Registered

Does Penalty Notice & 3 points on one's driving licence

Post by eighteenofour » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:43 pm

Does Penalty Notice & 3 points on one's driving licence amount to a criminal offence?

Any legal obligation for disclosure when making an application to the Home Office?

Answers thankfully welcomed.

Scooter1
Newly Registered

Post by Scooter1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:14 pm

No, It states that on the SET (o) application.

eighteenofour
Newly Registered

Post by eighteenofour » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:28 pm

Scooter1 wrote:No, It states that on the SET (o) application.
Can you please forward UKBA link where i can verify this info?

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:30 pm

You dont have to declare it on the form if it was FPN & 3 points. You definitely haven't committed a crime if it was a penalty notice

eighteenofour
Newly Registered

Post by eighteenofour » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:39 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:You dont have to declare it on the form if it was FPN & 3 points. You definitely haven't committed a crime if it was a penalty notice
I do appreciate your time and efforts taken to respond to this. For peace of mind, will anybody with the link to the UKBA publication make it available please?

Scooter1
Newly Registered

Post by Scooter1 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Don' t have the link, but if you go to the UKBA website and download the Set (o) application itself, the one fro December 2012, it states this in the disclosure section. I just filled mine out and mailed it the first week of January. It is stated very clearly.

eighteenofour
Newly Registered

Post by eighteenofour » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Scooter1 wrote:Don' t have the link, but if you go to the UKBA website and download the Set (o) application itself, the one fro December 2012, it states this in the disclosure section. I just filled mine out and mailed it the first week of January. It is stated very clearly.
Thanks a lot Scooter.

Another quick question. Anybody with an idea of the timescale turnaround for a pretty straight application for renewal Discretionary Leave granted on the grounds of private & family life as a family member of an EEA/EU citizen?