ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I invite my parents to UK??????

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jeffry
Newly Registered

Can I invite my parents to UK??????

Post by jeffry » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:52 am

Hi All,

I have applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa in October 2012 (I am on PSW till March 2013) and as we all know because of backlog we have not received any reply from UKBA.

I want to invite my parents here in UK on visitor's visa and it will need my passport and visa copy. I have it saved in my mails but my PSW visa is expiring in March 2013.

So can anyone tell me whether my parents can get the visitors visa or not?
Does it need valid 6 months visa?
Can I show that my visa is in process?

I would really appreciate your reply.

Thank you

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: Can I invite my parents to UK??????

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:31 pm

jeffry wrote:Hi All,

I have applied for Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa in October 2012 (I am on PSW till March 2013) and as we all know because of backlog we have not received any reply from UKBA.

I want to invite my parents here in UK on visitor's visa and it will need my passport and visa copy. I have it saved in my mails but my PSW visa is expiring in March 2013.

So can anyone tell me whether my parents can get the visitors visa or not?
Does it need valid 6 months visa?
Can I show that my visa is in process?

I would really appreciate your reply.

Thank you

I think you should wait till you get the decision on your tier 1 application as your case is in process with UKBA and you don't know the outcome of the application so practically you cant sponsor your parents this is my understanding.

hope it help and also there is changes in Tier 1 rules which will apply to all the application which are under process irrespective of date submitted.

good luck and all the best

regards

jeffry
Newly Registered

Post by jeffry » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:10 pm

Hi Rehan,

Thanks for your reply.

My parents have enough funds in their account; I just want to invite them here to visit me. So is it possible for them to get a visitor visa?

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:23 pm

jeffry wrote:Hi Rehan,

Thanks for your reply.

My parents have enough funds in their account; I just want to invite them here to visit me. So is it possible for them to get a visitor visa?
Yes they can apply visit visa on their own but you can sponsor them as you don't have clear status in uk as your application is under process with ukba at the moment.

but they can apply for visit visa on there own and they can put the reason that they are coming to see you etc.

regards

jeffry
Newly Registered

Post by jeffry » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:20 am

Thanks Rehan,

tier1entrepreneur
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by tier1entrepreneur » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi Guys,

I am planning to invite my parents to visit me to UK as my wife is expecting next month. They visited me already in 2011 but the situation is bit different now as i have applied for Tier1 entrepreneur visa and decision is till pending. As the requirement for the visa is they have to provide my visa copy as well and i dont have one until i get my passport back. I did applied my visa in september last year.

Please note i am not sponsoring them i will only providing them an accomodation as my Dad will bear all the expenses and he has a good financial statement to prove that.

I have consulted someone and he said do not worry about the visa copy just provide the tanency agreement and a copy of your driving license. plust NHS documents to show my wife is expecting next month and we both live alone here.

is it neccesary to provide a visa copy or in this situation as i am still waiting for my visa my parents cannot come and visit me on this special
ocassion.

Because in the application form it clearly ask that what is your relative do in the UK.

Please advise.

rizwan janjua

Post by rizwan janjua » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:01 am

HELOO T1 ENTREPRENEUR
well who ever give you this info is correct as its not necessary to provide a visa copy just provide tenacy aggrement which shows have enough space e.g rooms n washrooms so its wont be a problem for you .
but on if they call to your lanlord or the estate agent who make that tenacy aggrement must be confirmed beacuse some time home office make a check call to confirm that its a geunine aggrement

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:03 am

tier1entrepreneur wrote:Hi Guys,

I am planning to invite my parents to visit me to UK as my wife is expecting next month. They visited me already in 2011 but the situation is bit different now as i have applied for Tier1 entrepreneur visa and decision is till pending. As the requirement for the visa is they have to provide my visa copy as well and i dont have one until i get my passport back. I did applied my visa in september last year.

Please note i am not sponsoring them i will only providing them an accomodation as my Dad will bear all the expenses and he has a good financial statement to prove that.

I have consulted someone and he said do not worry about the visa copy just provide the tanency agreement and a copy of your driving license. plust NHS documents to show my wife is expecting next month and we both live alone here.

is it neccesary to provide a visa copy or in this situation as i am still waiting for my visa my parents cannot come and visit me on this special
ocassion.

Because in the application form it clearly ask that what is your relative do in the UK.

Please advise.

Hi ,

You can't call your parent as per below rule if you are on ENT Visa.. Your family has to apply for general visa with no right of appeal

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... uirements/
Thanks

Ali

kunaldhande
Newly Registered

Post by kunaldhande » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:35 pm

Hi,

My Parents have applied for tourist visa on 26/03/2013.
Today my mom has received a call from Visa office in Mumbai India; that she need to call her son (me) to provide any document which shows that his visa is in process with UKBA.

It is strange...they should be aware that UKBA do not provide such a letter.

So I have written them a mail with all my visa details and attached the latest received letter (rule change letter) and pasted following link:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

I don't know what they will do after this...

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:06 pm

@kunaldhande: Why don't you provide a copy of the HomeOffice Acknowledgement letter ?

rizwan janjua

Post by rizwan janjua » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi !
You can even provide your bio metrics letter and if you pay by card than your bank statement n highlighted that part so they know your case is due at ukba. Plus the acknowledge letter
I think that's more than enough

kunaldhande
Newly Registered

Post by kunaldhande » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:16 am

Thanks for suggestion guys.

But I have already provided all these documents to my parents at the time of application.

That is why I was wondered when they ask for more proof

If I have given them my bio letter and acknowledgement letter they can check on their website or in system about my visa status.

lets see now what happens

prathima
Newly Registered

Post by prathima » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:29 am

Hi kunaldhande ,

Did your parents got the visa?

awais 882000
Newly Registered

Post by awais 882000 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:19 am

Yes u can invite your parents in uk i m in same sitution like u and applied for my mother visa and she got the visa u need to mention your application ref no on the invitation letter and i hope everything will gone well

entrepreneur123

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:40 am

Thanks sent you PM, please check your inbox thanks

awais 882000 wrote:Yes u can invite your parents in uk i m in same sitution like u and applied for my mother visa and she got the visa u need to mention your application ref no on the invitation letter and i hope everything will gone well

shainkijain
Newly Registered

Post by shainkijain » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi Experts,

Need urgent help -

Almost similar situation, I am currently in UK on Tier 2 ICT and my WP expiring on 8th Aug 2014. My company has started visa extension process but its in initial stages so not with UKBA as of now.

I am applying for my parents visa and not sure if my existing visa copy would be ok? as its expiring soon. They have visa appointment on 27th Jun. As written everywhere I need to give visa copy as well. Please advise

What is the alternate option? Even if I mention hotel address as their stay, last section in form asks if you have any relative in UK and in that case I need to add my name there.

In my current form - I've submitted form for General Visitor Visa and wrote my address in very first section where it asked for address while staying in UK.

Please please guide me, I am very much confused now on what to do?

Regards,
Shainki Jain

shainkijain
Newly Registered

Post by shainkijain » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:46 pm

@sameday - not able to view your message. Could you please post your reply here?

Thanks!