ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unorthodox situation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zulfiqar.malik
Newly Registered

Unorthodox situation

Post by zulfiqar.malik » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:51 pm

Hi,

I have a premium appointment on Friday, 1st February 2013 but I have got a weird situation at my hands and I do not know whether my wife will be able to secure an ILR or not. Here is my situation:

- I initially came to UK on "Work Permit" on 14/11/2007 (Visa: 29/10/2007)
- Wife came to UK as "Work Permit Dependent" on 02/02/2008
- I shifted to PBS Tier 1 on 11/05/2009. I did not shift my wife with me
- I apply Tier 1 extension again on 11/05/2012 and still didn't shift my wife
- My wife shifted to Tier 1 dependent on 29/10/2012

My wife has completed 5 years in this country as my dependent however I am unsure of immigration rule 319 E (d) regarding stay in UK for 2 years before July 2012 or 5 after that.
Can this objection be raised for my wife? I have asked several lawyers and gotten different opinion and as such the case is quite unique.
I want to know your opinion and what points to raise in case her ILR is rejected?
Please help. Thank you.

P.S. For those interested I didn't shift my wife as my Tier 1 dependent because I was advised that since her status as a dependent will not change it won't make any difference and we've never been stopped at any border check points or anything.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Unorthodox situation

Post by shahid2000 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:41 pm

zulfiqar.malik wrote:Hi,

I have a premium appointment on Friday, 1st February 2013 but I have got a weird situation at my hands and I do not know whether my wife will be able to secure an ILR or not. Here is my situation:

- I initially came to UK on "Work Permit" on 14/11/2007 (Visa: 29/10/2007)
- Wife came to UK as "Work Permit Dependent" on 02/02/2008
- I shifted to PBS Tier 1 on 11/05/2009. I did not shift my wife with me
- I apply Tier 1 extension again on 11/05/2012 and still didn't shift my wife
- My wife shifted to Tier 1 dependent on 29/10/2012

My wife has completed 5 years in this country as my dependent however I am unsure of immigration rule 319 E (d) regarding stay in UK for 2 years before July 2012 or 5 after that.
Can this objection be raised for my wife? I have asked several lawyers and gotten different opinion and as such the case is quite unique.
I want to know your opinion and what points to raise in case her ILR is rejected?
Please help. Thank you.

P.S. For those interested I didn't shift my wife as my Tier 1 dependent because I was advised that since her status as a dependent will not change it won't make any difference and we've never been stopped at any border check points or anything.
I dont think there will be any problems at all. Read this post where the person has mentioned "Some tricky issues" http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=124711