ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Delivery advice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kailin
Newly Registered

BRP Delivery advice

Post by kailin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Hi

Can anyone help with any of the following queries regarding BRP delivery:

Can somebody other than yourself receive your BRP on your behalf? The form states that ID and signature must be provided to the courier, but not whose.

If yes, then can the delivery address be changed?

Is there any way of speeding up delivery, such as an express rate etc?

Can the BRP be collected rather than delivered to speed up the process?

Thanks

Karen

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 pm

If you tell your situation then it would be easier to give meaningful reply.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

kailin
Newly Registered

Post by kailin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:28 pm

My BRP was approved today (30/01). I have a flight booked for next Tues (05/02). I need it before then. I thought I'd receive my ILR on the same day, as was the case in the past

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Yes other people can receive your BRP as long as they have your ID.

No you can't change the delivery of the BRP and no it can't be collected either. Apparently since it's a secured delivery it has to be delivered to your home address.

They won't deliver on Saturday as well! The only reason we got ours on Saturday because on the day of delivery they didn't deliver due to snow, so they manually authorised Saturday delivery.

kailin
Newly Registered

Post by kailin » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:22 pm

Really, are you absolutely sure that somebody can receive it on my behalf? What ID would be valid other than a passport?

Also, does anybody know what would happen if I left the country on Tues without having received my BRP and returned some months later on a tourist visa (which I'm entitled to as an Australian citizen)? Would the BRP be held, and if so, would it still be valid on my return?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:47 pm

Someone at your address could show your bank card etc.

You can call dx (number at www.thedx.co.uk) to check when our if they have anything for you
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

kailin
Newly Registered

Post by kailin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:21 am

Many thanks for your quick responses.

Would anyone know what happens if you are not present in the country to collect your BRP card for a few months?

Also what happens at migration upon reentering the UK without the BRP card after one's current visa has expired? I have an Australian passport and need to travel back relatively urgently for a few months

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:12 am

xpscapable wrote:No you can't change the delivery of the BRP and no it can't be collected either. Apparently since it's a secured delivery it has to be delivered to your home address.
Not precisely correct. It's true that you can't change the delivery address, but you can arrange for it to be delivered to one of the DXSECURE collection centres so you can collect it. Collection times are between 10am - 4pm Mon-Fri. As your need is urgent, I would try and call DXSecure 3 days from approval to check if they have an item for you, or have someone stay at home on that day, as they appear to attempt 1st delivery 3 days after approval in most recent cases. In my case they didn't ask to see an ID, but I would leave one, as its stated as required, if you are not at home to sign for it yourself.