ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment declined, what other options are there

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

expositouk1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Payment declined, what other options are there

Post by expositouk1 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi folks,

I applied for ILR (SET-M) on the 14th of this month and got a letter from them 2 days later that it had been received and they'll contact me if there were any problems. I assumed all was well until I spoke with my bank two days ago and they told me they have declined a payment from the Home Office on the 16th :evil: I am trying to get to the bottom of this with the bank.

For the UKBA however, I understand they will invalidate my application and send the documents back to me. The problem I have is that my visa expired on the 28th and I have still not had the documents back to reapply. I called thier 0870 number, but they were no help at all.

If anyone has been in this situation before, is there an alternative means of making the payment before they send everything back to me to start again, please?

Again, as my visa has now expired, where do I stand in all of this?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

thanks you all.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Payment declined, what other options are there

Post by kiranchinnu » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:40 pm

expositouk1 wrote:Hi folks,

I applied for ILR (SET-M) on the 14th of this month and got a letter from them 2 days later that it had been received and they'll contact me if there were any problems. I assumed all was well until I spoke with my bank two days ago and they told me they have declined a payment from the Home Office on the 16th :evil: I am trying to get to the bottom of this with the bank.

For the UKBA however, I understand they will invalidate my application and send the documents back to me. The problem I have is that my visa expired on the 28th and I have still not had the documents back to reapply. I called thier 0870 number, but they were no help at all.

If anyone has been in this situation before, is there an alternative means of making the payment before they send everything back to me to start again, please?

Again, as my visa has now expired, where do I stand in all of this?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

thanks you all.
Can understand your situation , dont worry hopefully documents will be returned soon.You can apply within 28 days of visa expiry . I would suggest that book a PE0 appointment and get the things sorted if you can or else apply with in 28 days from visa expiry . If you send it by post ensure that you highlight this error in covering letter.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

expositouk1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by expositouk1 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:49 pm

Thanks for the empathy. I've heard a few horror stories about this so as you can imagine, I'm not in a very happy place right now. In some cases, I understand it actually two about 6 months to get the paperwork back!

I really hope they send it back soon else I guess I have not legs to stand on. Can I still book a PEO appointment even though the visa has expired?

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:21 pm

expositouk1 wrote:Thanks for the empathy. I've heard a few horror stories about this so as you can imagine, I'm not in a very happy place right now. In some cases, I understand it actually two about 6 months to get the paperwork back!

I really hope they send it back soon else I guess I have not legs to stand on. Can I still book a PEO appointment even though the visa has expired?
Yes u can . There is no dead line to book PEO appointments but technically ur visa will be declined if you apply 28 days after visa expiry.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:29 pm

Not all is lost. Need expert advice.
Read this http://www.gherson.com/news-articles/th ... roof-3239/
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

expositouk1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by expositouk1 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:05 pm

Thanks, this is very informative but I'm just wondering if there is any way of compelling the UKBA to send me the documents before the 28 day grace period so that I don't even have to go down the route of a judicial review or some other protracted legal tussle. All of this is really very frustrating. It seems they try their absolute best to ensure that once they have your application, there is no means whatsoever of contacting them. Its such a shame, really. The ideal situation will be to simply pay the money so that they can continue the application. If anyone has a similar experience, please share how you went about it.

expositouk1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Working

Post by expositouk1 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:44 am

Just an an update, I still haven't received my paperwork from the UKBA so the wait goes on. I was wondering however; where do I stand in terms of work, please? is any employment I take illegal because of my circumstances or because I can still apply, I am able to work legally. Thanks for your assistance.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:57 am

Thank you wpilr_nov12. Excellent web site.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:32 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Thank you wpilr_nov12. Excellent web site.
Kevin, a kind word of advice to you: don't read too much. You might end up complicating your own application due to information overlord.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:38 pm

Thank You.

shendean

Re: Working

Post by shendean » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:12 pm

expositouk1 wrote:Just an an update, I still haven't received my paperwork from the UKBA so the wait goes on. I was wondering however; where do I stand in terms of work, please? is any employment I take illegal because of my circumstances or because I can still apply, I am able to work legally. Thanks for your assistance.

u will get your passport back after 3-4 weeks same as my situation before got problem on payment and reapplied again which s my visa expired already..

now waiting for approval letter!
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

expositouk1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by expositouk1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:29 am

Thanks, Shendean. Did you reapply with the help of a solicitor? Good luck to both of us, I guess.

shendean

Post by shendean » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:39 am

I did reapplied but i dont know if they gunna accpt my application. But i done my bio alreasy which is good
Shendean

expositouk1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by expositouk1 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:01 am

when you got your paperwork back was there any letter from them to accompany it,please? In that letter, did they state that you could reapply within 28 days or anything of that sort? Cheers

shendean

Post by shendean » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:35 pm

Yes they did and i attached the letter where my first application declined.
Shendean

expositouk1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Wow!!

Post by expositouk1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:57 pm

The UKBA has now taken my payment!! I sent them new card details three weeks ago when I found out the original payment had failed. However, as they neither took the money nor got back to me, I presumed it had not worked. Imagine my surprise then when upon checking my account this morning, I found that a payment of £991 had been taken by "the Home Office" on Friday. After three weeks of frayed nerves, things are finally starting to look better. I'm really hoping that as they have now taken my money, this rules out the possibility that they will send my documents back to me as I had been thinking. Maybe I'm getting paranoid, but is that still a possibility?

Thanks to all of you once again for your help

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Good. Why on earth were you imagining the worst,and being so stressed up!!

expositouk1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by expositouk1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:19 pm

Its because the UKBA is such an unpredictable body to deal with, and also because the prospect of potentially having to resort to the courts to resolve this matter, with the attendant costs, delays and anxieties, was too much to bear. Its such a huge relief and I think since I found that they've taken the money, I've probably checked my account over five times just to make sure I'm seeing right.

expositouk1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

ILR Granted

Post by expositouk1 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi folks, I'm pleased to say I have finally received approval for ILR. I got the letter on Monday and the card came a day afterwards. Thank you all for your support and advise.

I am now aiming to apply for naturalisation. I was on a student visa for two years prior to getting my 2-year spouse visa and now the ILR. Does the period spent on student visa count towards eligibility for British citizenship or do I have to wait for another year before applying? My wife and daughter are both British citizens.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Granted

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:01 pm

expositouk1 wrote:Hi folks, I'm pleased to say I have finally received approval for ILR. I got the letter on Monday and the card came a day afterwards. Thank you all for your support and advise.

I am now aiming to apply for naturalisation. I was on a student visa for two years prior to getting my 2-year spouse visa and now the ILR. Does the period spent on student visa count towards eligibility for British citizenship or do I have to wait for another year before applying? My wife and daughter are both British citizens.
congratulations!! you can apply for BC now, any legal residence for 3 years counts.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

expositouk1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ghana

Post by expositouk1 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Thanks, I'll get on it next week