ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Granted at Liverpool PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mcaj
Newly Registered

ILR Granted at Liverpool PEO

Post by mcaj » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:39 pm

Hi

I wanted to thank the people on this board for the information posted. Very helpful!

My wife and I were granted our ILR today at liverpool peo. I wanted to pass on some tips etc to people in future.

All in all, from the point we walked in the door, till the point we walked out, it was 3hrs in total.
Started with security scan aka like the airport. Then given ticket. Then wait to be called.
Once called to the desk, a pleasant lady checked our form, asked for our passports, asked for like in UK pass notification. I then had to sign something that said I understood all the fine print etc. Then given new number and waited.

We were then called to pay for the application and told no matter what the outcome of application we would have to pay.

Then had to wait again. This was a long one. There were to immigration solicitors there who had some very large groups they were processing and each case was like 3-4 passports so these solictors groups kept all the case workers busy for a while. Wait seemed forever.

Eventually our number was called. The case worker we got was a fairly young lady who was very pleasant. Asked for out SET (O),passports, photos, 12 months payslips, 12 months bank statements, Like in UK pass notification, and a list of all the days I spent out of the UK. I also gave her a letter from my employer who validated any dates out of the UK that was required for business.
She commented on how organised my file was and when I told her I can give her copies of everything she was very happy and said I just saved her a whole load of work and that doing that just speeds things up. We were then told to go and wait. The wait was about 10min and then we were told to go for our Biometrics. At this point we still did not know whether we had received the ILR or not. Biometrics was very quick, and once we done that we returned our passports and a piece of paper from biometric guy and we were asked to wait for a few more minutes.

I could see our case worker was thorough. She tallied up each day I was out of the UK, checked that the earnings claimed matched with each of my salary slips and each of the deposits into my bank account.

I would like to suggest a tip to anyone applying in future. For whatever amount you are claiming as earnings, pull together a spreadsheet that lists Month, Gross Salary, Net Salary, Amount deposited into Bank account.
This is kinda what our case worker did manually and had I known that was what she was looking for, I would have done it and I am sure that would have help her and speed things up.

But after this wait was over she called us up and said our ILR had been granted and that we would be sent our Biometric cards by courier in about 7 days.

I ahve no complains about this office. People were really friendly and patient.

genuflexion

Post by genuflexion » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:25 pm

Congratulations!

Thanks very much for sharing your experience.
gen

genuflexion

Post by genuflexion » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:32 pm

Hi there,

Sorry forgot to ask you did you photocopied SET(O) form?

I have photocopied everything but the form. List goes, (Statements, Payslips, LIUK letter, Passport (current & previous) with endorsments, Marriage Certificate, Child Birth Certificate, HMRC Letter and Cohab Docs)

Please advise and confirm.

Thanks in advance.
gen

srk2012

Post by srk2012 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:06 pm

Were you in Tier 1 or Tier 2? Can you please provide a template of your employer's letter authorising your business absence abroad?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:09 pm

genuflexion wrote:Hi there,

I have photocopied everything but the form. List goes, (Statements, Payslips, LIUK letter, Passport (current & previous) with endorsments, Marriage Certificate, Child Birth Certificate, HMRC Letter and Cohab Docs)

Thanks in advance.
Don't need to submit photocopy of form itself. But keep a copy for your own records.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

mcaj
Newly Registered

Post by mcaj » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:28 am

Hi Gen

No need to provide copy of the SET (O)
genuflexion wrote:Hi there,

Thanks in advance.

mcaj
Newly Registered

Post by mcaj » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:35 am

Hi

I initially entered the UK under Tier 2 work permit, but I switched to a Tier 1 about 2yrs 3months into my stay.

The letter for business travel basically said:

I would like to confirm that in his role as [job title], [name of employee] has had to undertake the following days of business travel whilst in employment with [name of employer].

Then insert a table with:
Date Departing UK, Date Returned to UK, Number nights out of UK, Destination (country & city), Reason for the travel (i.e. conference, meetings, workshops etc)

Remember, this should be accompanied by a letter from your employer that states how long your have been employed, what your job title is, what your annual salary is, and what your annual paid holiday entitlement is.
srk2012 wrote:Were you in Tier 1 or Tier 2? Can you please provide a template of your employer's letter authorising your business absence abroad?