ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need urgent help regarding CAS

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Molten Gold
Newly Registered

Need urgent help regarding CAS

Post by Molten Gold » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:38 pm

Hi

Looking for someone experienced to help me with this.

So I'm doing my dissertation at the moment and this is my second and final attempt.

The dissertation is due in May.

Now the university first issued me a cas as my current visa expires on 20th Feb. Then one day later they withdrew it stating that I haven't been meeting my professor and that it looks like I can finish my dissertation from abroad so the current cas is withdrawn and I have to leave the country on the 20th and continue with my dissertation from abroad.

Can they legally do this? I've already told them my dissertation is UK centric and I'm meeting with my supervisor next week. But they don't seem ready to budge.

I really don't understand what the problem is. My dissertation is due in may, my dissertation is UK centric and my visa is currently valid.

What should/can I do?

Thanks.

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by equitydealer » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:20 pm

A bit of a confusing post...your visa expires on Feb 20th because that must be the end of your course + statutory extra time ( I assume your course ended a few months ago), so your visa should expire soon anyway...

The university is allowed to withdraw its sponsorship of you if they are not satisfied with any part of your participation of the course. If they have already notified the UKBA that they have withdraw their sponsorship, the UKBA will write to inform you, as long as they have your current address, the notice should be with you soon.

The only option available to you is to speak with your uni to get their decision overturned, then when you get the UKBA letter you can reply with it, otherwise you will have to leave the country. Feb 20 is not far anyway....

farhan984
Newly Registered

Post by farhan984 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:34 pm

1. I do not think that your University will give you CAS now as I have seen in previous cases I came across.

2. The best thing for you is to:
a) Make sure that your English language certificate is B2 or above and is valid.
b) Get a letter from your university confirming that you have completed your course. (Although your dissertation is submitted or waiting for result but this letter would help you to make establish presence).
c) obtain a CAS for a course in which you think you have interest.

Now, following the above advice you will get your visa processed and pass your degree course from University and you will also study / complete another extra qualification. You have few days left which are your visa expiry (and 28 days extra period if you avail).

-Farhan

Molten Gold
Newly Registered

Post by Molten Gold » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:51 am

That's the problem guys. My dissertation is not finished. The submission date is in May. So one advisor gave me the cas till may, and another advisor withdrew it saying my dissertation can be done from from outside the UK and I don't need to be in the UK to do that.

They haven't withdrawn sponsorship etc and I'm still a student.

Meeting with my professor regarding this tomorrow... but what rights does a student advisor have to withdraw the cas when another granted it.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:01 am

If you do not meet the terms of your university's sponsorship policy because for example you haven't remained in contact or if you are not required to be in attendance then they are entitled to refuse to issue you a Cas. You should seek advice from your student union as to whether you can appeal this.