ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics confusion

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Biometrics confusion

Post by Hakim1984 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:58 pm

Hello

my wife is on spouse visa runs out next may 2014, just been doing some research and read she should have a biometrics permit? I take it this is not the visa thing she has stamped in her passport? she had her fingerprints and picture taken in Rabat but never received any sort of card, should I be applying for one of these now?

Thanks!

ID29

Post by ID29 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:14 pm

The Biometric information enrolled at Rabat is kept on file only. She will only receive a 'Biometric Residence Permit' (BRP) after successfully being granted 'Leave to Remain' in the UK.

I believe she should now be considering applying for Further Leave to Remain - often referred to here as FLR(M) - although she doesn't need to submit an application until 28 days before her current visa expires.

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Post by Hakim1984 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Thanks ID29,

not looking at doing anything right now just doing some research now so I don't panic next year.

so that's one less job to worry about thanks for the clear up.

Just got her to pass the life in UK- which seems very difficult and the B1 probably PET test.

And then apply for her ILR set M, if she doesn't have her english qualification by the 28 days before I can apply then I guess I should go through the FLR (M) route?

Thanks again.

ID29

Post by ID29 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:44 pm

I'm sorry, you'll need advice from others concerning the route to take... its not something I'm qualified to advise on

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:05 pm

you dont need to apply for biometric permit, these are issued after successful applications done within the uk. they are not issued for initial entry clearance.

set m is the correct form for ilr in may 2014. she will need the english test for ilr or flr m so will have to pass it before her visa expires for whichever application she makes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Post by Hakim1984 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:19 pm

Hi Cr001,

I know she needs the English test for ILR, but for FLR i don't believe that's the case as one of the reasons on the application is why are you applying for FLR? and one of the tick boxes is something like *haven't passed life in uk test.

I think there maybe a requirement of A1 for FLR but she has A2 already, and I am confident she will have her B1 at the end of this year, just the life in the UK is worrying me a little. She has good English and works amongst English people just fine, just her knowledge of England isn't great and grasping how the sentences are worded are a bit difficult but there is time.

Could someone please Clarify if Life in uk is required for FLR?

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Post by Hakim1984 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:22 pm

just got this from the UKBA FLR (M)

2 QUALIFYING FOR AN EXTENSION OF
STAY
To qualify for an extension of stay in the categories
for which you have to use form FLR(M), you must
meet the relevant requirements in appendix FM of
the Immigration Rules, which are on our website.
If you are applying for an extension of stay (rather
than indefinite leave to remain) even though you
have completed enough time in the UK to qualify
for settlement, give the reason in section 4 of the
application form and explain in more detail in a letter if necessary.
Possible reasons are that you have not yet
obtained a relevant qualification demonstrating
your knowledge of the English language and life in
the UK; or that you prefer to apply for an extension
of stay because of personal circumstances