ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Place of issue on passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tra2003

Place of issue on passport application

Post by Tra2003 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:51 pm

I am in a bit of a delimma on what to fill in the space of place of issue of naturalisation certificate. I had my certificate issued to me at the ceremony in Glasgow, i have filled in Glasgow but i just read somewhere in this forum that it should be "Home Office London".
For those who have applied and gotten their passports application approved, please can you advice on this.
Thanks.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Place of issue on passport application

Post by vinitmanu » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:14 pm

Tra2003 wrote:I am in a bit of a delimma on what to fill in the space of place of issue of naturalisation certificate. I had my certificate issued to me at the ceremony in Glasgow, i have filled in Glasgow but i just read somewhere in this forum that it should be "Home Office London".
For those who have applied and gotten their passports application approved, please can you advice on this.
Thanks.
You will find cases where some have written 'Home office London' and some writing their 'local council' and all have got their British passport.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

Tra2003

Post by Tra2003 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:52 pm

vinitmanu wrote:
Tra2003 wrote:I am in a bit of a delimma on what to fill in the space of place of issue of naturalisation certificate. I had my certificate issued to me at the ceremony in Glasgow, i have filled in Glasgow but i just read somewhere in this forum that it should be "Home Office London".
Thanks.
You will find cases where some have written 'Home office London' and some writing their 'local council' and all have got their British passport.
Thanks Vinitmanu, you are always so helpful. I just checked on the certificate and it reads issued by........."Home Office London". I think i will just leave it with place of issue as my local council and hope for an approval :-)

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:49 pm

Tra2003 wrote:
vinitmanu wrote:
Thanks.
Thanks Vinitmanu, you are always so helpful. I just checked on the certificate and it reads issued by........."Home Office London". I think i will just leave it with place of issue as my local council and hope for an approval :-)
Good luck Tra2003 !
Life's too short .. Take it easy !