ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment without Dependants

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brajen

Post by brajen » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Dear Forum members,

I have booked PEO appointment for only myself due to difficulty in booking appointment. I have 02 dependents. Since I am the main applicant, Can I take my dependent's application also on the same day without appointment for them? Will UKBA consider my dependant's application? My appointment booking says 01 applicant!.

Dear valuable members please advise me .

Please any body

Thanks in advance.

brajen

Re: PEO appointment without Dependants

Post by brajen » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:04 pm

brajen wrote:Dear Forum members,

I have booked PEO appointment for only myself due to difficulty in booking appointment. I have 02 dependents. Since I am the main applicant, Can I take my dependent's application also on the same day without appointment for them? Will UKBA consider my dependant's application? My appointment booking says 01 applicant!.

Please any body

Thanks in advance.
Please any senior member ....

askhan
United Kingdom

re

Post by askhan » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:44 pm

you can try but they have to be with you as biometric needs to register
Kind Regard,
A.Khan
-------------------------

brajen

Re: re

Post by brajen » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:50 pm

askhan wrote:you can try but they have to be with you as biometric needs to register
Thanks Askhan, But, the appointment says only the person booked will be allowed inside during the security check. Can I call UKBA on this question?

brajen

Re: re

Post by brajen » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:09 am

brajen wrote:
askhan wrote:you can try but they have to be with you as biometric needs to register
Thanks Askhan, But, the appointment says only the person booked will be allowed inside during the security check. Can I call UKBA on this question?
Any body had the similar experience please?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:42 am

As far as I'm aware, if you want to include your dependants in your application, then the number of applicants stated in your appointment would need to reflect this. Have you tried contacting them to change your current appointment to add the number of dependants you have to your appointment or to get an alternative?

It would be a different matter, if the dependants (children) were just accompanying you, and not part of the application. I believe this may be allowed.

brajen

Post by brajen » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:42 pm

cs95tdg wrote:As far as I'm aware, if you want to include your dependants in your application, then the number of applicants stated in your appointment would need to reflect this. Have you tried contacting them to change your current appointment to add the number of dependants you have to your appointment or to get an alternative?

It would be a different matter, if the dependants (children) were just accompanying you, and not part of the application. I believe this may be allowed.
Thanks CS. Can any one please give me the contact number regarding PEO appointment.

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:27 pm

The email address for online appointment booking related questions is: ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

auhraja
Newly Registered

Post by auhraja » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:06 pm

I am in a similar situation, i.e. could not book an appointment for dependants and have only booked for myself. Home Office says over the phone that I do need a combined appointment!

Has someone actually tried showing up on the day with their dependants when the appointment was only booked for 1 person?

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:09 am

Dependants wont be allowed if they are not included when booking the appointment. This is from the personal experience. Dependants were not allowed at Birmingham.

Had to book another appointment for them. Luckily I got one. So my suggestion to you is, don't take chances. They will refuse their application. You can try calling them and they will say the same.

Get a family appointment. I know its difficult. Try it all them time rather than at midnight as there is lot of rush. I got mine at evening 7 PM. There is always someone cancelling so try it out each hour. Good Luck.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:39 am

The entire point for searching for an appointment including your dependants is to ensure that there are appointments long enough. Do not book appointments which you cannot attend because you selected the wrong number of dependants thinking you can change it after the fact. Even the government cannot change time!!! Booking an appointment for no dependants when you have an application with dependants is the same as booking an appointment for the incorrect service.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

auhraja
Newly Registered

Post by auhraja » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:05 am

Thanks Guru G for a morality lesson, much needed for us slackers who are not doing the hard work and expecting the appointment to appear in thin air!!

Anyways, I sent a couple of emails to cardiff peo and then sent a letter telling them my situation and that I was not able to book a combined appointment. They replied saying I could bring my dependants and they will give a 10 day decision rather than same day.

davidpie
BANNED

Re: PEO appointment without Dependants

Post by davidpie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:24 pm

brajen wrote:Dear Forum members,

Please any body

Thanks in advance.
I understand that its not possible for everyone to focus their precious time, energy, and caffeine in obtaining a PEO slot for weeks.

I could assist in finding a PEO slot on your behalf based on ur convenient dates and location.

Pls note : I don't have any pre-held slots to sell... but can find PEO slots for you.

p34g
Newly Registered

Post by p34g » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:40 pm

auhraja wrote:Thanks Guru G for a morality lesson, much needed for us slackers who are not doing the hard work and expecting the appointment to appear in thin air!!

Anyways, I sent a couple of emails to cardiff peo and then sent a letter telling them my situation and that I was not able to book a combined appointment. They replied saying I could bring my dependants and they will give a 10 day decision rather than same day.
Hi Auhraja,

I am in a similar situation, but at Sheffield.

Can you please let me know how you contacted the PEO by email? I can't seem to find an email ID for a specific PEO.

Also, did their confirmation come via email as well?

Would really appreciate if you could reply as soon as you can - my appointment is on Monday morning!

Thanks

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:13 pm

I was been to Croydon myself and they did not check how many people are booked as I was alone but have been told by different peoples that it could create problem but dont know anyone with personal experience

You can book individual appointments as they seems available and you can book them for same day and that should be acceptable as per following reply of UKBA

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... ith_depend

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 3.pdf.html

p34g
Newly Registered

Post by p34g » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:01 pm

Thanks Ali - that's helpful

I looked at the FoI reply and this is what is specifically says:
ali_asad_pk wrote: I can confirm that if you book an individual slot for yourself and each of your dependants
separately on the same day then yes you are able to make a single application provided that
you are all applying for the same visa type. If you are making applications for different visa
types then you would need to make separate applications.
Any views on whether main applicant applying for T1 G Extension and dependents applying for T1 PBS Dependant qualifies as "same visa type"?

It's almost commonsensical that it should, but one never knows!

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:10 pm

if main applicant is applying as T1 G extension and adds depends on same form then this will be considered same application, I do not know about recent T1G extension form but I suppose it has fields to include dependents but if you fill separate forms for pbs dependent then this will be considered separate application

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:46 pm

It is made clear throughout the booking process not to book speculative appointments or appointments for incorrect number of dependants. The reason people were allowed to go into appointments with less dependants is because they effectively use up less time, but you cannot realistically expect a PEO to accept you with additional applications in the allotted time. This is also unfair towards other applicants.

This is the reason you have to choose your number of dependants upfront, to make sure the PEO has enough time to deal with your application.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.