ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to prove finances as a contractor

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

utopia
Newly Registered

How to prove finances as a contractor

Post by utopia » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:55 pm

Hi,

I am due to make a PEO application for ILR towards the end of this month. Up to Dec 2012 I was in a permanent job. My salary for the 12 months of 2012 meets the requirements for earnings in the points based system and I do have salary slips and personal bank statements to support my claim for points on earnings.

However January 2013 onwards I have started contracting. For the evidence of finances portion (SECTION 5 - YOUR HOME AND FINANCES) of the SET(O) form, is it enough to show my latest personal bank statements showing the inflow of money from my business account? Or do I also need to provide other documents (like a certificate of earnings from my accountant) to prove that I am indeed earning the amount shown in my personal bank statements? With a permanent job I know personal bank statements + salary slips are enough but I am not sure how I can prove my current finances as a contractor.

Could someone please resolve my queries?

Regards

Utopia

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: How to prove finances as a contractor

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:24 pm

utopia wrote:My salary for the 12 months of 2012 meets the requirements for earnings in the points based system and I do have salary slips and personal bank statements to support my claim for points on earnings.
So why are you at all concerned about something that is not necessary? If it ain't broke, don't fix it! It's not a tax audit of your worldwide income, and you only have to show what is necessary to meet the requirements of the application.