ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR, UK or EU Citizen? EARN, LEARN AND WORK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

esic_sonia
BANNED

ILR, UK or EU Citizen? EARN, LEARN AND WORK

Post by esic_sonia » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:18 pm

I dunno if many of you know this, but there's a special UK government HND programme for permanent holders, UK and EU nationals. If you are an ILR holder (this option is also available for UK & EU citizens), you can apply for a course in the UK for HND (Higher National Diploma) scheme. The course fee will be sponsored by UK government.

UK Government will provide you GRANT every 4 months in a year (around ₤1000 to ₤2500, but can vary or increase if you have children), if you study your desired courses promptly and on time. Classes have flexible timings and rate. There are many courses available, such as:
  • BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
    HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT 
    HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE 
    LAW -INFORMATION SYSTEMS
    NETWORK ENGINEERING & TELECOMMUNICATIONS 
    FASHION & TEXTILES 
    FASHION DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY 
If you are interested, I can assist you with more details and everything. Ask me anything if you need to know more about this programme.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:29 pm

THANK YOU esic_sonia. What is the web site for futher information. I will let know My ILR friends.If they are interested they will contact you.The courses they want to follow.

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:42 pm

@Kevin24 I'll PM you.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:35 pm

esic_sonia wrote:@Kevin24 I'll PM you.
Thank you for your message.

EEAslough
Newly Registered

interested pls pm me

Post by EEAslough » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:37 pm

Hi,

I am interested, pls pm me

esic_sonia
BANNED

Re: interested pls pm me

Post by esic_sonia » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:17 am

EEAslough wrote:Hi,

I am interested, pls pm me
Already PM'd you!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR, UK or EU Citizen? EARN, LEARN AND WORK

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:10 am

esic_sonia wrote:I dunno if many of you know this, but there's a special UK government HND programme for permanent holders, UK and EU nationals. If you are an ILR holder (this option is also available for UK & EU citizens), you can apply for a course in the UK for HND (Higher National Diploma) scheme. The course fee will be sponsored by UK government.

UK Government will provide you GRANT every 4 months in a year (around ₤1000 to ₤2500, but can vary or increase if you have children), if you study your desired courses promptly and on time. Classes have flexible timings and rate. There are many courses available, such as:
  • BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
    HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT 
    HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE 
    LAW -INFORMATION SYSTEMS
    NETWORK ENGINEERING & TELECOMMUNICATIONS 
    FASHION & TEXTILES 
    FASHION DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY 
If you are interested, I can assist you with more details and everything. Ask me anything if you need to know more about this programme.
what's in it for you exactly? Why do people have to pm you? Why can't you just post the information for everyone to see?

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:56 am

For the benefit of everyone....
esic_sonia wrote:You can try contact at following details provided below , but office is closed today. They will open at 9am on weekdays and saturdays.

Company is Enquiry Solutions Ltd
Email : info@enquirysolutions.co.uk
Tel : 0203-582-8627

However, there are some preliminary requirements for this course, such as stay in UK, Insurance Number, initial knowledge assessment test, etc. You can call that number tomorrow and ask them.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:27 pm

What a poor quality website. I hope people are not expected to pay for your 'services'

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:38 pm

Greenie wrote:What a poor quality website. I hope people are not expected to pay for your 'services'
:)
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Greenie wrote:What a poor quality website. I hope people are not expected to pay for your 'services'
Students are not expected to pay a single penny. As long as you are a UK or EU citizen or ILR holder and are living in this country for more than 3 years. That's the whole point of HND programme... some people just don't get it.

What does that got to do with website's quality? If you get attracted to offers & opportunities by looking at their websites (rather than actual matter), then I can give you dozens of examples.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:25 pm

post up the website / link where the info is published instead of PM's. If it is something anyone can benefit then they should.

on the other side I have to say, govt here is cutting even the support for UK national students so I am not sure how is there a program / funding available for such a thing.

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:26 am

innocentdevil wrote:post up the website / link where the info is published instead of PM's. If it is something anyone can benefit then they should.

on the other side I have to say, govt here is cutting even the support for UK national students so I am not sure how is there a program / funding available for such a thing.
ONE Example - It is a college in Glasgow.

http://www.stow.ac.uk/courses-at-stow/q ... d-43.shtml
Search for HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA

This link will be useful for many : https://www.gov.uk/student-finance

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a Govt Website! Don't take my word for it. Look for yourself!
http://www.saas.gov.uk/faqs_support.htm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, the reason I did not publish is ... because people just don't get straight away ... and think of it as some shady thing. Just like the way you mentioned that UK is cutting even support of UK national students... Let me tell you one thing. UK is under EU laws too. It's not just in the UK. It's available in Canada as well.

& once again.... There are no fees taken from students... EVER!!!!!! (however, there are some criteria which you must fulfill... for example, you must not be a graduate already, 3 years resident in UK ... etc etc) So, when you don't have to pay for something, why can't even have an interest in it?

I can see @uksettlement tried to perform some sort of humanitarian work, but one thing he missed out is that ... not all courses of your choice are readily available. They know which institutions are having which courses... and once again.... THERE ARE NO CHARGES! IT's A FREE CONSULTATION!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:51 pm

Thank you esic_sonia.

For letting us know about this Government programme. Hope it will be of some benefit, who ever wants to follow these courses.

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:34 pm

You are welcome Kevin24.

Many who posted reply thought that if it's free... it has to be shady.

One thing I must say is that, more than 70% wouldn't even qualify for Grant because many wouldn't know about each individual requirement

Anyways, I do my research well and help others out!