ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

after 6 months of the application...

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aziz1053

after 6 months of the application...

Post by aziz1053 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi All,
As mentioned earlier applied Tier 1 Enter on 10 August 12 can I call ukba on 11 Feb 13 to check the status of my application if they have done anything with it. If they say in process what would be my reply.. Please all other applicants if their 6 months been passed, let us know the line of action & your finding's. Your antcipation is highly appreciated..
Thanks,
aziz1053

alex87
BANNED

Re: after 6 months of the application...

Post by alex87 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:34 am

aziz1053 wrote:Hi All,
As mentioned earlier applied Tier 1 Enter on 10 August 12 can I call ukba on 11 Feb 13 to check the status of my application if they have done anything with it. If they say in process what would be my reply.. Please all other applicants if their 6 months been passed, let us know the line of action & your finding's. Your antcipation is highly appreciated..
Thanks,
If they say that your application is in process, there isn't much you can do to be honest. Judging from some other replies on here, the UKBA is unwilling to give out much information so you'll probably have to wait it out till they are ready to send you their decision.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: after 6 months of the application...

Post by rehan01 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:56 am

aziz1053 wrote:Hi All,
Thanks,
Your application is under process is most likely you will get from ukba but no harm in calling them and enquire about it ........

regards

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:35 am

Not according to this page.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

It says:
We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 09 October 2012.
I think this application usually take around 5 to 7 months (or probably longer if your bank account (or funding source) is a non-UK based

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:30 am

esic_sonia wrote:Not according to this page.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

It says:
We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 09 October 2012.
I think this application usually take around 5 to 7 months (or probably longer if your bank account (or funding source) is a non-UK based
yes that what ukba website says but loads of people on this forum are waiting from more than 6 months for decision. so I guess the date on there website is for guidance only but they are seriously behind the actual target which is 4 weeks.

regards

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:40 am

Hmm is keeping money in the UK actually helping anyone though? It seems the processing is taking longer for everyone.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:48 am

dd156 wrote:Hmm is keeping money in the UK actually helping anyone though? It seems the processing is taking longer for everyone.
Not really but what choice do we have apart from keeping money ?

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:49 am

rehan01 wrote:
dd156 wrote:Hmm is keeping money in the UK actually helping anyone though? It seems the processing is taking longer for everyone.
Sorry, I meant keeping the money in the UK as against keeping it overseas.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:35 am

dd156 wrote:
rehan01 wrote:
Sorry, I meant keeping the money in the UK as against keeping it overseas.
No I don't think so, but I guess its just easier to verify the statement etc as compare to overseas funds documents and bit more authenticated than overseas documents.

therock
Member of Standing

Post by therock » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:55 am

rehan01 wrote: its easier to verify the statement etc as compare to overseas funds documents and bit more authenticated than overseas documents.
Completely disagree! Verifying overseas statements shouldn't take longer than a working day if the embassy of UK is present in the country where funds are held. Stop giving your false opinions when you don't even have the experience.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:29 pm

therock wrote:
rehan01 wrote: its easier to verify the statement etc as compare to overseas funds documents and bit more authenticated than overseas documents.
Completely disagree! Verifying overseas statements shouldn't take longer than a working day if the embassy of UK is present in the country where funds are held. Stop giving your false opinions when you don't even have the experience.
You don't have to agree at all it was entirely my personal opinion and also it got nothing to do with the embassy of uk is present in that country etc what that gota do with verification of bank statement ??

Either its false or true opinion doesn't matter no one need to follow or agree regardless

aziz1053

what happens then

Post by aziz1053 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:09 pm

if after 6 months HO says application is still under process then one have to wait further or is there any other line of action can be taken ?
aziz1053

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:16 pm

therock wrote:

Rehan is right, overseas documents (if verified) can take extra 2 to 24 weeks. I have personal experience of this for at least dozen cases. Turnaround time varies from embassy to embassy from country to country.