ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 years absence from UK due to work applying ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sujyo

2 years absence from UK due to work applying ILR

Post by sujyo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:18 pm

I have 2 years of absence from UK on tier1general due to work and have relevant letters from my employer. Will it work . Any thoughts.

uksettlement
India

Re: 2 years absence from UK due to work applying ILR

Post by uksettlement » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:04 pm

sujyo wrote:I have 2 years of absence from UK on tier1general due to work and have relevant letters from my employer. Will it work . Any thoughts.
Might be difficult as per the new rules. As work related reasons are not considered if the absence is more than 180 days. The only reasons considered are compassionate.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

sujyo

Post by sujyo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:24 am

INterestingly I discused with 2 lawyers adn Both of them said the application will go through if you have a letter from the organisations. not sure how...

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:41 am

sujyo wrote:INterestingly I discused with 2 lawyers adn Both of them said the application will go through if you have a letter from the organisations. not sure how...
Apparently those 2 lawyers are not the ones who make the decision. Their interest/motive is to make money off of you and your circumstances.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.