ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA IS .......

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Misu79

UKBA IS .......

Post by Misu79 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:47 pm

UKBA backlogs: Inspectors find thousands of new cases

does this mean the Home office will fasten the way the applications are dealt with?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21170495

Mela

Re: UKBA IS .......

Post by Mela » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:08 pm

Misu79 wrote:UKBA backlogs: Inspectors find thousands of new cases

does this mean the Home office will fasten the way the applications are dealt with?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21170495
UKBA is officially acknowledged to be an organization which is not fit for purpose. Bureacracy, job cuts, ongoing ambigous changes to immigration law which only bring more delays and uncertainty creates backlog of the cases which is untolerable now.

Unless the whole system goes under reform i think the situation will not improve and only whorsen.

Holding on to passports for months and years goes against basic human rights.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:39 am

Nothing n this article suggests that the UKBA is corrupt. Slow maybe, but not corrupt.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:43 am

Hi mulderpf,

I agree inefficient might be the word but can't be termed as corrupt based on the article.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:12 am

I agree uksettlement, and accordingly have changed the title of this topic.

There is clearly good evidence of inefficiency.
John

orionsbelt
Newly Registered

Post by orionsbelt » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:24 am

Sorry but comment such as there make me very angry.
If you make the same suggestion in any of your own countries you would at best be locked up or maybe something even worse.
The UKBA is slow and massively overworked, because they attempt to HELP many thousand of people to come to the UK for a life that is thousands of times better than in your own countries.
The countries you come from do NOT offer the same privileges to UK people who want to live overseas e.g. Thailand who only offer a 1-year retirement or spouse visa.
My Wife is Thai, the UKBA were first class in dealing with her settlement application and it was all done in 20 minutes. No problem because it was done exactly as required by the rules.
The reason it takes so long is because of all the fiddles and cheats who abuse the system. You look through these threads and you can see all the scams all the time ( ‘’can I over stay my visitor visa’’ etc, ‘’I’ve over stayed for 5 years what should i do!!!!!’’ ).
Please don’t abuse the UK its the best country in the world for Human rights and freedom, If you don’t like it then please go back to your homelands
The UK welcomes and offers a great home to all the peoples of the world please show us respect

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:39 am

orionsbelt,

Agree with your sentiments.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:47 am

not corrupt but they have an overload of work that goes back 10 years. Massively inefficient and not under the right leadership.

Surely, their system needs restructuring.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:52 am

John wrote:I agree uksettlement, and accordingly have changed the title of this topic.

There is clearly good evidence of inefficiency.
I totally I agree with you.

Most impotantly, is not to Post any messages when you are angry and emotionally upset. Certainly it is not My duty to judge about the workings of UKBA.Because Most of us in this forum, need their services to allow to stay legally in this country.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:58 am

If there were fewer people who are playing the game, UKBA would probably be somewhat more efficient in its work. The existing rules leave enough room for the determined few to deceive UKBA, which leaves it overburdened with workload.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Mela

Post by Mela » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:48 pm

orionsbelt wrote:Sorry but comment such as there make me very angry.
If you make the same suggestion in any of your own countries you would at best be locked up or maybe something even worse.
The UKBA is slow and massively overworked, because they attempt to HELP many thousand of people to come to the UK for a life that is thousands of times better than in your own countries.
The countries you come from do NOT offer the same privileges to UK people who want to live overseas e.g. Thailand who only offer a 1-year retirement or spouse visa.
My Wife is Thai, the UKBA were first class in dealing with her settlement application and it was all done in 20 minutes. No problem because it was done exactly as required by the rules.
The UK welcomes and offers a great home to all the peoples of the world please show us respect
Hi sorry but seems like you dont follow on the news and have no idea how administrative bodies should operate especially dealing with immigration cases.

Its like saying police is not working efficiently and this is justified because people commit too many crimes and they cant deal with this. :shock:

Congratulations on your wife getting a visa in 20 minutes but if you read news you will see that there perhaps millions cases unresolved where PBS immigrants along with assylym seekers along with criminals awaiting departation along with other people commonly known as immigratnts are waiting for their fate to be decided...sometimes for decades.
YOu were right saying there are a lot of immigrants breaking the immigration rules, in fact there are a lot of them who are criminals dangerous for the society, but the problem is UKBA is not doing anything ans while cases are decided for decades these people tend to strat families here and get human right protection by the time case is decided.

UKBA was officially proclaimed as administrative body which is not fit for purpose. Lack of communiocation between departments, mismanagement, administrative issues and chaotic changes to the immigration rules, - all these problems cause further damage to immigration system which leads to serious chaos.

Mela

Post by Mela » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:57 pm

And im personally going to judge UKBA and have full right to do so.
I do everything legal, i pay high tax in this country and expect administrtaive bodies which are fed by ny tax to run smoothly, My PBS application is pretty much straightfoward, i paid a high fee for it and i expect decent service, i dont care about illegal immigrants which abusing the system which were in fact allowed in this country by the faulty system and mismanagement of the UKBA is not my headache.

I pay for the UKBA service and I want this service to be done by decent standard. Thats it.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:04 pm

after all there is a freedom of speech in this country so we should respect whatever has said by whoever.

Mela

Post by Mela » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:31 pm

innocentdevil wrote:after all there is a freedom of speech in this country so we should respect whatever has said by whoever.
I absolutely agree with you, but some common sence should be applied in what one says.

Statements like:
"my wife got visa in 20 mnts so millions of others who wait for decades should be ignored because they break the rules??" or

"there are lot of illegal immigrants so its ok for UKBA to be inefficient??"

and finally
" dont like it then go back to your homeland??"

i mean like...seriously? :shock: very constructive arguments i must say!

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:59 pm

to answer people who say "go back to your homeland if you go back to homeland" is nobody arrests you if you whinge even in homeland, a complaint should always be taken as constructive criticism and things should improve.

"people break rules" --- there is a lot of bad fish in the sea and there are bad eggs everywhere. Just because immigrants break rules doesn't give anyone right to blame immigrants. I would only say , What about MPs and expenses malarki. Enough said.

"your wife got visa in 20 minutes" -- its all luck nowt else. she would have been in the postal queue had there been any problem in her application. there is no need to MOCK anyone who they are suffering due to laziness / inefficiency of border agency.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:07 pm

orionsbelt wrote:
Sorry but comment such as there make me very angry.
plain bullshit

they should employ more staff to deal with the backlog. or they should not charge upto 1K to process application.
your brain is full of gobshite.

you have just been lucky.
The reason it takes so long is because of all the fiddles and cheats who abuse the system. You look through these threads and you can see all the scams all the time ( ‘’can I over stay my visitor visa’’ etc, ‘’I’ve over stayed for 5 years what should i do!!!!!’’ ).
who gives you right to call anyone a cheater or fiddler. you do not know anyone's circumstances. why don't you worry about yourself and let UKBA deal with cheaters/fiddlers
Please don’t abuse the UK its the best country in the world for Human rights and freedom, If you don’t like it then please go back to your homelands
The UK welcomes and offers a great home to all the peoples of the world
:wink:
no one is abusing this system. those who abuse get caught. and stop being childish with your "go back to your homeland" comments, they are too old now.
please show us respect
Give respect to get respect