ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC: I have UK job offer letter; Are Stay Details Necessary?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

from_india

EC: I have UK job offer letter; Are Stay Details Necessary?

Post by from_india » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:08 am

All -

I am going to apply for the EC (I have HSMP approval). Fortunately, I also have an UK job offer letter with me. I havent decided on the place to stay in UK.

My question is do I have to furnish the details of where I will be staying? Well, I dont have the details (as mentioned earlier, I havent decided where exactly I will be staying). So, what should be my answer to the follwing question in EC?

5.6: Please give the full address and telephone number of all the places where you will be staying during your visit, including hotels.

jimmy5
Newly Registered

Post by jimmy5 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:31 am

Hi,

It is not necessary . Its just an add on for u r EC

srib
Newly Registered

Post by srib » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:16 am

Hi From_india,
You need to show the place where you will stay in UK. This is compulsory. You can make a temporary booking in some hotel and cancel the same later. Search this forum for hotel bookings. You will get lot of information.
Regards,
srib

inso

Post by inso » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:59 pm

No, don't worry about it. We got our EC without having organised accommodation, and with only a job offer in hand. It was actually quite easy. Even on our boarding card, we only filled in our provisional booking at a flat share -- we first needed to check it out and meet the landlord.

from_india

Post by from_india » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:03 am

Thanks srib!
Thanks inso/jimmy5!

I would err on safer side, book a hotel and provide them the accomodation details!

hsmp_approval
Newly Registered

Entry Clearance_urgent please

Post by hsmp_approval » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:29 am

I applied for HSMP in October and got approved in the end of November.

Due to certain personal circumstances, I am not working since end of September and will not be able to go to UK until the start of April. My queries pertaing to Entry Clearance are:

1) Can I show my dad as a sponsor, with bank statements, etc? What else documens are needed in this case?
2) Is it wise to wait until the end of March to apply for Entry Clearance?
3) I am staying in Mumbai since October, but my native place is South India. So can I apply for EC in Mumbai Embassy?
4) I am confident of getting a UK job offer as well as stay details. Will that be of any help?
5) Any other details needed?

Kindly advise please

Jk2007
BANNED

Re: Entry Clearance_urgent please

Post by Jk2007 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:32 am

hsmp_approval wrote:I applied for HSMP in October and got approved in the end of November.

Due to certain personal circumstances, I am not working since end of September and will not be able to go to UK until the start of April. My queries pertaing to Entry Clearance are:

1) Can I show my dad as a sponsor, with bank statements, etc? What else documens are needed in this case?
I think you can. Better you also show some balance in your own bank accounts.
2) Is it wise to wait until the end of March to apply for Entry Clearance?
See your HSMP approval letter. I think you should apply within 3 months
3) I am staying in Mumbai since October, but my native place is South India. So can I apply for EC in Mumbai Embassy?
I think you can.
4) I am confident of getting a UK job offer as well as stay details. Will that be of any help?
A job offer is not necessary for Highly skilled Migrant. Initial accommodation details (even if this is a hotel) are necessary.
5) Any other details needed?

Kindly advise please

neel
Newly Registered

HSMP Entry Clearance

Post by neel » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:15 pm

Hi,

I have received my HSMP approval letter dated Aug.21, 2006. Because of my busy work schedule and onsite travel, I couldn't apply for Entry Clearance till now. What are the chances of approval if I apply in Feb before expiry of 6 months period?

Please guide me.

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:04 pm

Chances remain the same !!

Your HSMP approval becomes invalid after 6 months of date of issue. So if it is issued dated 21-Aug-06, your application for EC must reach the British High Commission / Embassy on or before 20-Feb-06. That's it !!

Your EC, though, will depend on the evidence you provide to support your EC application.

regards

neel
Newly Registered

Post by neel » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:56 am

Hi ukjobsforme,

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Do you have any idea, as from Nov 7 onwards UK government announced new points system, will it effect my already approved case?

from_india

Post by from_india » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:32 am

No it will NOT! I just submitted my EC application with 'old' HSMP approval.