ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help:Latvian applying forBC(study gaps in the final year)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alisa
Newly Registered

Help:Latvian applying forBC(study gaps in the final year)

Post by Alisa » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:41 pm

Hello,
I have a friend who needs help regarding Discretion on absences from the UK during the residential qualifying period:

"
Hi all!

I’m Latvian and I’m residing in the UK since 2005 and I’m self-employed since.

For the last 5 years I was not present the UK for less than 450 days but in year 2012 it was 120 days because I was studying abroad( Russia).

Could you please give me an advice how I can still apply for the citizenship?"

P.S.

It is not very clear for my friend what documents should be sufficient to prove that he was studying?

Thank you very much in advance.
Last edited by Alisa on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: Please help: Latvian applying for BC

Post by vinitmanu » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:51 pm

Alisa wrote:Hello,
I have a friend who needs help regarding Discretion on absences from the UK during the residential qualifying period:

"
Hi all!

I’m Latvian and I’m residing in the UK since 2005 and I’m self-employed since.

For the last 5 years I was not present the UK for less than 450 days but in year 2012 it was 120 days because I was studying abroad( Russia).

Could you please give me an advice how I can still apply for the citizenship?"

P.S.

It is not very clear for my friend what documents should be a sufficient to prove that he was studying?

Thank you very much in advance.
You would normally need to meet the following standard residential requirements:

(1) not away >450 days in the last 5 years (270 days in 3 years if based on marriage)
(2) not away >90 days in the last 1 year
(3) not away on the beginning of your qualifying period (5 and 3 years respectively)
(4) not away on the day HO receives your application.
Last edited by vinitmanu on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !

Alisa
Newly Registered

Post by Alisa » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:05 pm

Thank you very much vinitmanu.

And during this final 1 year , even if he has spent more than 90 days(which is 120 days on his calculation) and based on the Discretion on absences from the UK during the residential qualifying period http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... cesfromuk/ :

what documents should he provide to the UKBA so that they are able to disregard the absence?

Thank you very much....

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Post by vinitmanu » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:19 pm

Alisa wrote:Thank you very much vinitmanu.

And during this final 1 year , even if he has spent more than 90 days(which is 120 days on his calculation) and based on the Discretion on absences from the UK during the residential qualifying period http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... cesfromuk/ :

what documents should he provide to the UKBA so that they are able to disregard the absence?

Thank you very much....
I think it's best to follow the rule and wait until a point where he has spent less than 90 days in the last year.
Life's too short .. Take it easy !