ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused regarding DIY!!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ambitious12
Newly Registered

Confused regarding DIY!!

Post by ambitious12 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:40 pm

HI,

I'm currently on PSW which is expiring this month end. I'm planning to open a DIY store. My points of concern are:

1. Is DIY store categorised as retail? And is that allowed for applying for Tier 1 Entrpnr visa?

2. I'll be the Director, and my job profile would be Purchase & Sales Manager for day-to-day running of the business who would obviously not be filling the stock shelves but only overlooking things, so is that fine as per the guidelines?

3. I'l be taking a franchise that would cost me around 10,000 initially. So is that ok?

Looking fwd to ur valuable replies..

Thanks!!
Last edited by ambitious12 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buntyz

Post by buntyz » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:44 pm

if u r going to invest 200k den it ok to open DIY store bt if u r lookin for 50k category den u cnt i think...

alex87
BANNED

Post by alex87 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:44 am

Not if you are switching from PSW. A DIY will be classified as level 3 as far as I can tell from the guidelines, irrespective of what your job title is. The whole business must fall at level 4 or above.
However, if you are applying with 200,000, then you may start any business as there are no restrictions.

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:54 am

No, it is unlikely to count as NQF level 4.

ambitious12
Newly Registered

Post by ambitious12 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:50 pm

thanks for ur reply.. my point of concern still is that how do we determine if the business is level 4 or above.. my job role of Purchase & sales manager is definitely allowed since it's a level 6 job.. however, in ur opinion it's not allowed only bcoz it's DIY business which is considered aretail business and is hence not a level 4 or above which is therefore not allowed. Did u guys meant to say this??

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:57 pm

ambitious12 wrote:thanks for ur reply.. my point of concern still is that how do we determine if the business is level 4 or above.. my job role of Purchase & sales manager is definitely allowed since it's a level 6 job.. however, in ur opinion it's not allowed only bcoz it's DIY business which is considered aretail business and is hence not a level 4 or above which is therefore not allowed. Did u guys meant to say this??

Yes you are right because its a Retail business and its level 3 irrespective of nature of job and level of job you do in that business. (only if you switching from psw to tier 1 under 50k)

if you are applying under 200k category than you can do any business irrespective of level of business level and job title etc

regards