ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on filling MN1 Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

diwakar21
Newly Registered

Help on filling MN1 Form

Post by diwakar21 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Dear friends,
I am in the process of registering my daughter as British citizen, I have few questions, can any one help me answering those questions please?

I presume I should fill MN1 Form as my daughter is UK born and I have got ILR. Is that correct? If so, below are the few questions of MN1 form which I am not sure what to fill. Appreciate your help on this.

Form: MN1
Section 1
1.2 - Immigration and Nationality Directorate or Border and Immigration Agency or UK Border Agency reference number.
What should I enter here?

1.3 - Please say if and when the child was given indefinite leave to enter/remain in the UK. If the child’s parent is an
EEA national, a Swiss national or a family member of an EEA or Swiss national you should ensure that they
qualify for permanent residence.

Section 2
2.1 If the child is resident in the United Kingdom or a British overseas territory (see page 8 of the guide), please give
date and place of first arrival.

Section 3
3.1 - Please say which parent is the one who is a British citizen by descent and on whom this application is based.
What should I tick here, we have got the ILR but me or my wife has not yet got the citizenship

3.6 - Please provide details of the child’s grandparent from whom the parent in 3.1 derived British citizenship by descent.

3.11 - If he or she became a citizen of the United Kingdom and Colonies or British citizen by registration or naturalization please give certificate number and date of issue.

Many thanks,
Diw

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:16 pm

Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.