ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF2 unclear questions, can anyone help?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BenScoobert
Newly Registered

VAF2 unclear questions, can anyone help?

Post by BenScoobert » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:11 pm

We are just completing the VAF2 before we come to Bangkok to make a visa application for my fiance.
We are a little confused with a few of the answers, please could you verify.

page 2, question 3.2, Have you ever been engaged to be married, or agreed to form a civil partnership?
My fiance is engaged to me, does this question mean with me or does it mean previously?

page 3 question 3.10, Please list other members of your family.
Is this family members who intend to travel with us or just family members regardless of whether they will travel or not?

page 5 question 5.11, Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship like marriage or civil partnership at any time?
We have lived together but not married, only engaged, do we answer yes or no?

page 7 question 7.15, If this application is different in any way, please explain how?
Which application is this referring to? and different from what?
Does this mean is the previous application in section 7, for example it is different from a regular application.
Or does it mean the application we are making now is different from the one mentioned in section 7.

Also, what is the proceedure for the application?
Do we need to make an appointment to bring the documents?
If so are we able to book an appointment by email or telephone before we arrive in Bangkok?

We have bought return tickets to travel to Bangkok at the end of January, due to my business I am only able to spend 1 week away. Is it likely we will be able to complete the application within that time?

The documents we have ready to bring are:
Both our passports and birth certificates
Joint bank account statements for 7 months
An accountants letter confirming I own the company and the wage I receive
Mortgage beginning statement dated April 2006 when I bought the house
Property inspection report

This is a copy and paste from the email I sent to the "helpdesk" of which the reply was
"DEAR SIR
THE QUESTION ARE VERY CLEAR,PLEASE GO THROUGH THEM SLOWLY AS WE CANNOT GUIDE YOU TO ANSWER YES OR NO BECAUSE IT IS YOU WHO KNOW THE BEST."

or was that the "unhelpdesk"

So if anyone can shed any light on our situation it would be greatly appreciated, also does anyone know about the TB certificate? She got one when she came here in 2005, how long are they valid for?

Thanks anyone.

Ben