ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 month General Visitor Visa whilst earning £18600

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jsl80
Newly Registered

6 month General Visitor Visa whilst earning £18600

Post by jsl80 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:17 pm

Hi,
I am a UK citizen that has just married a Peruvian woman. We are planning to relocate to the UK later this year but at this point in time, we do not meet the financial requirements to apply for her 'leave to remain' visa. (neither of us have earned £18,600 here in Peru in the past 12mths)

Therefore our plan is for her to come to the UK on normal 6mth visitors visa, so we can be together whilst I am working towards earning the £18,600 (which I should be able to achieve within 6mths) and she will then go back to Peru to apply for the 'leave to remain' visa.

My query is as follows. When applying for the initial 6mth visitors visa, we would be totally upfront about the reasons for applying (ie. so I can be with my wife whilst trying to achieve the £18,600 threshold). Are the UKBA likely to have an issue with the fact that the purpose of my wife's visit is clearly not tourism? Please note, we both have more than enough savings to cover 6mths in the UK (rent, food, travel etc), and my wife successfully applied for a UK visitor visa (6mths) when we came to visit in 2012.

Has anyone else done the same thing of applying for a 6mth visitor visa whilst they (or their partner) were working in the UK to earn the £18,600?
I would be very keen to hear anybody's experiences/advice.

Thank you

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 am

You could encounter problems as you would be applying for the wrong visa. Stating that you're staying for 6 months as a visitor is like holding up a red flag. They could easily assume your spouse is going to overstay and refuse the vistor visa or refuse her entry once she arrives.

Vistor visa is only for a holiday and return back say after a month. She would have to show reasons for going back such as return to work after annual leave. You need return air tickets after a month to show that you are only on holiday.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:13 pm

With a visitor visa she will be entitled to stay for 6 months. However, with you in the UK, convincing the Entry Officer of her return may be difficult.