ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

dependent working professional to work permit switch over!!?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drake
Newly Registered

dependent working professional to work permit switch over!!?

Post by drake » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:20 pm

Hi All,
I'm working in UK since over an year now on work permit dependent visa and now want to get into work permit. I spoke to my HR and they said that they do sponsor work permit but that would be for a new employee since I have already been working with them they are not sure how they can apply for one now. Will any of the experienced people here suggest me how and what is required so that I can convince my employer about the process.
And in case I get it done do i have to return to my home country to switch over? or can i get the visa status changed in country(UK?)?
I sincerely thank and appreciate your reply.
Drake

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:54 pm

Your employer needs to apply for a work permit as they would someone who does not work for them already. This includes the requirement to show the advertising, irrespective of the fact that you already work there.

You cannot switch your visa from within the UK, you need to return home and get Entry Clearance. Your employer needs to request an 'out of country work permit' by covering letter in the application.
________
LOVE LYRICS ADVICE