ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success (LTD Company): 04 Feb at Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

techie_09

ILR Success (LTD Company): 04 Feb at Croydon PEO

Post by techie_09 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:01 am

Hi All,

Firsly I want to thanks to forum members for answering my questions and sharing their valuable experience with other fellow members. Today (as on 4th Feb) I received approval for my SET(O) application as limited company director.

Application Details:
1. HSMP + Tier(1) General applied 26 days before 5 anniversery of visa stamp date
2. Main applicant + 2 dependents
3. Didn't include my UK born son
4. Croydon PEO
5. Earnings claim period from 01/12/2011 to 30/11/2012
6. Total application processing time 4.5 hours (not bad)
7. I am unemployed since one month. Caseworker didn't ask anything about this.

Documents Submitted:

1. Application from Set(O)
2. 3 passports
3. Photos (2 each, total 6 photos)
4. Life in UK certificates
5. 12 payslips, 4 dividend vouchers.
6. 12 months (Dec 2011-Nov 2012) personal bank statements (salary & dividends marked using highlighter)
7. 12 months business bank statements(salary, dividends, paye & VAT payements marked using highlighter)
8. Accountant letter detailing salary, dividend and my 55% shareholding etc
9. Company Incorporation certificate
10. VAT reg certificate
11. Most recent company annual report detailing P&L (Aug 2011 t0 Jul 2012)
12. Original invoices for 1 year (signed and stamped by agency. My invoices were generated by my agency on weekly basis)
13. Corporation tax letters & HMRC reconcilliation statements.
14. Cohab docs(10 docs from 4 different sources like council tax, driving license, voter registration, bank statements)

Some interesting bits which I observerd or caseworker asked for:
1. The moment case worker reached earnings page, he looked very disappointed after finding my aplication as self employed :)
2. asked me specifically for invoice summary document which I didn't have
3. asked for invoices generated during 12 months claim period
4. asked for company annual P&L statment. I gave him my last annual return statement
5. checked whether I have worked for multiple clients during earnings claim period
6. I gave him assignment confirmation letter from my agency which I got a year ago for some other purpose. Thankfully I have it.
7. Photocopy of all above mentioned documents. I didn't have photocopy of invoices (54 pages ) and he had to do it himself
8. No P60 submitted and case worker also confirmed these are only required for period while someone is on Tier 2 visa

After submitting all these documents he asked me to come back after 90 mins - 2 hours. I went out for the lunch and also visited HSBC to take copy of current month temporary statement. I came back around 3:35 PM and voilla he asked me to provide him copy of last 3 months personal bank statements and photocopies :) Note that initially I didn't submit Dec 2012 and Jan 2013 statements. I didn't have the photocopies because I was not expecting to submit these. He took these original statements and kept it. After that he told me wait for 5 mins before he get approval from senior case worker. After 10 mins he returned my all original documents and said my application is OK and I shall receive BRP in 5-10 working days. Funny bit was I didn't get original back for last 2 statements even after asking for them :D

I hope I will receive my BRP soon. Next step is submit MN1 form after getting BRP for my self.

Few Questions:

All I reecived from UKBA was letter (having name + DOB + nationality) saying my application has been accepted and I shall receive BRP in 7-10 orking days. No where it says ILR has been granted. Although there was annexure attached which is kind of FAQ and says I will get ILR but this document can't be use as ILR.

- I am bit confused because some people have mentioned they were asked to sign some documents but I didn't sign anything except at time of BRP
- the signed letter doesn't say ILR granted. Did I miss something?

Appreciate if someone can answer my questions.

Once again big thank you to everyone. I am happy to answer any questions if you have.
Techie

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: ILR Success (LTD Company): 04 Feb at Croydon PEO

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:56 am

Congratulations.
techie_09 wrote: All I reecived from UKBA was letter (having name + DOB + nationality) saying my application has been accepted and I shall receive BRP in 7-10 orking days. No where it says ILR has been granted. Although there was annexure attached which is kind of FAQ and says I will get ILR but this document can't be use as ILR.

- I am bit confused because some people have mentioned they were asked to sign some documents but I didn't sign anything except at time of BRP Besides at Biometric counter, you might have been asked to sign to confirm you name and other details are correct.
- the signed letter doesn't say ILR granted. Did I miss something? NO.

Appreciate if someone can answer my questions.

Once again big thank you to everyone. I am happy to answer any questions if you have.

Once you get your BRP card, you will :
- probably be shocked to see that the BRP issue date is not the same as your ILR approval date. This is normal. The date on BRP card is when the card itself was produced/issued.
- notice that BRP card comes with an expiry date after 10 years from ILR approval date. This is so that in case you decide to remain in ILR status, you will need to upgrade/update your biometrics, similar to a driving license and passport.

Congratulations again.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:08 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Once you get your BRP card, you will :
- probably be shocked to see that the BRP issue date is not the same as your ILR approval date. This is normal. The date on BRP card is when the card itself was produced/issued.
I was under the impression that the ILR approval date would be the date reflected on a Settlement BRP. I.e. as that is the only means you would be able use to prove the date you were granted ILR. Is this not the case? It may be coincidence, but in my case the date is the approval date.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:12 am

cs95tdg wrote:
I was under the impression that the ILR approval date would be the date reflected on a Settlement BRP. I.e. as that is the only means you would be able use to prove the date you were granted ILR. Is this not the case? It may be coincidence, but in my case the date is the approval date.
In my own case, approval is 14Nov, BRP is 16Nov, exp 14Nov 10 years later.
The dates appear as: Valid Until, and Place and Date of issue.

Say you lost your BRP card today and they issued you a new one. The new one would probably have a new issue date.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:23 am

Congratulations. Thank You for sharing your Experience. Very Informative.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:24 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:

Say you lost your BRP card today and they issued you a new one. The new one would probably have a new issue date.
Yes, true. I agree, the issue date should be the date the card is issued. But I suppose it brings up the question of how you would prove when you were granted ILR, if you had to at a later date for whatever reason. It appears that you can't, unless I've missed something (or you have to go by the date on the original letter you received). I doubt however that this would be an issue for most.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:31 am

cs95tdg wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:

Yes, true. I agree, the issue date should be the date the card is issued. But I suppose it brings up the question of how you would prove when you were granted ILR, if you had to at a later date for whatever reason. It appears that you can't, unless I've missed something (or you have to go by the date on the original letter you received). I doubt however that this would be an issue for most.
In most cases the two dates (ILR approval and BRP issue) are not too far apart. I think there will be more questions on this during 2013 when the Naturalization eligibility kicks in for the early 2012 ILR BRPs. But many would probably not worry about the few days of delay.

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:31 am

Thanks wpilr_nov12 and cs95tdg for clarifying my questions. I am feeling much better now.

You are right that this date mismatch in letter and BRP can be confusing. I guess that may become tricky if new rules or fee changes becomes applicable due to these few days mismatch.
Techie

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:32 am

Kevin24 wrote:Congratulations. Thank You for sharing your Experience. Very Informative.
Thanks Kevin. I am glad you find it useful.
Techie

kumarw399
Newly Registered

Post by kumarw399 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:32 pm

Hi,
On the application form did you choose Employed or self employed and I am attending on 28th feb and planning produce same documents as exactly as you but from feb 2012 to jan 2013, Is that ok or Do I need to go to the bank on 27th to get 27 days statement...I wanna avoid feb 2013 payslips, statements etc....

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:59 pm

kumarw399 wrote:Hi,
On the application form did you choose Employed or self employed and I am attending on 28th feb and planning produce same documents as exactly as you but from feb 2012 to jan 2013, Is that ok or Do I need to go to the bank on 27th to get 27 days statement...I wanna avoid feb 2013 payslips, statements etc....
Can't remember whether you need to tick something for this. But I mentioned salary + dividends payments on earnings page. If you are working under Limited company structure, you will be treated as self employed.

If you have appointment on 27th Feb I would suggest you to get temporary statement from bank couple of days ago. I found it rather strange that case worker asked me for last 3 months statements.
Techie

sanblazer
Newly Registered

Congrats

Post by sanblazer » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:00 pm

Hi

Congrats , Kindly if you could please answer my below queries

1) Did you have to prove your accountants credibility ..as in to prove that the accountant is properly regulated ?

2) Invoice letters: In my case ...all the invoices are generated by mysefl..but I have a letter from the agency which details all the money I have recieved from them over a period of one year ? Do you think this will work ?

3) Corporation tax letters: what do you mean by this ?

Regards,
Sandeep

techie_09

Re: Congrats

Post by techie_09 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:41 pm

sanblazer wrote:Hi

Congrats , Kindly if you could please answer my below queries

1) Did you have to prove your accountants credibility ..as in to prove that the accountant is properly regulated ?

2) Invoice letters: In my case ...all the invoices are generated by mysefl..but I have a letter from the agency which details all the money I have recieved from them over a period of one year ? Do you think this will work ?

3) Corporation tax letters: what do you mean by this ?

Regards,
Sandeep
1. No, but my accountant belongs to big company which has lot of accountants.

2. sounds good to me.

3. these letter you receive in company name from HMRC. e.g reminder letter, payment made letter.
Techie

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:41 pm

Hi All,

An update. I received my BRP today (07 Feb).

Cheers
Techie