ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Times of India highlights miseries of HSMP workers

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naveen_nagesh
Newly Registered

Times of India highlights miseries of HSMP workers

Post by naveen_nagesh » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:57 am

Hi all,

Check out todays TOI, there is an article about the plight of HSMP migrants. Here is the article:

Indians to sue UK for dearly beloved rules
30,000 Workers Lured In ’02, But Law Changed In 2006
Rashmee Roshan Lall | TNN

London: An estimated 30,000 Indians, who left their country to work in Britain in 2002 on the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP), have begun the task of taking the UK government to court for its allegedly dearly beloved new immigration policies.
The UK, which allowed the Indians into the country under the four-year-old scheme on the understanding that they would work and probably settle here, has been accused of arbitrarily changing the rules to disenfranchise coloured economic migrants.
Britain’s new HSMP rules, which officially came into force on Dec 5, 2006, will force Indians and other South Asians to leave the country because they no longer fit the highly skilled migrant category. The new rules disenfranchise potential non-European migrants over 28 years old and earning UK salaries less than £35,000, say the affected Indians, British immigration lawyers and immigration campaigners.
Amit Kapadia of the HSMP Forum that represents the victims, told TOI on Tuesday: “Most Indians will no longer be eligible to stay on in Britain under the HSMP because the government is clearly trying to remove migrants like us. They say you will only qualify if you are younger and better paid, even though the average Indian highly skilled migrant can reasonably be expected to be over 28 years old”.
Rhian Benyon of the Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants (JCWI), told TOI : “Britain’s system of economic migration creates a definite, if indirect, facial disadvantage for Indians and others from non-European Economic Area countries”.
In a sign of the seriousness of the situation, officials of the Indian High Commission have met those affected by the new rules. The High Commission is understood to be keen on lobbying the British Home Office and Foreign Office for a fairer immigration policy.
The changed HSMP rules are the third in a series of changes to immigration policy, making Indians unwelcome in the UK.
April 2006: Rules changed, immigrants applying for permanent residence now required to have lived here five years, not four Health minister announces new rules ending work permit-free visas for doctors from outside European Economic Area July: Law enforced Nov: British home office announces changes in rules for HSMP, with a bias towards younger applicants Dec: New rules enforced Dec: Immigration minister says foreigners keen to settle in Britain must pass compulsory “Britishness’’ test

rely

Indians to sue UK for dearly beloved rules

Post by rely » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:56 am

Going to court or a civil suit wont make any difference because the HSMP workers will be dealing with "Kangaroo Courts".
I wonder how these people ruled almost whole world for two centuries.
rely

sgodhagodha
Newly Registered

Re: Indians to sue UK for dearly beloved rules

Post by sgodhagodha » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:06 am

I just read the news on www.timesofindia.com and believe me i am so pleased to read this news.....the new rule for HSMP Extension in totally insane.....i am trying my HSMP and if i will get it i will be 32 for further extension after two years. In UK only Oxford, Cambridge and LSE n LBS people can get immidiately 45-50k job. For any fresh person coming from outside will not get more that 25k outside london and 30k inside london....as per my understanding so far they need to make the rules as per field....IT Finance Marketing....n they your designation in UK....may be company as well....most imp thing in which region ur working......in Scotland they are giving two year working visa to almost every student as not getting people to work in Scotland....and if some one like me will start working in Scotland will not get more that 25k .....but home office will reject HSMP......so its all unfair......
they have ruled the world by making the rule as per their choise n we use to follow without any objection ....the same way it will happen with HSMP.....

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:35 am

sgodhagodha wrote:I just read the news on www.timesofindia.com and believe me i am so pleased to read this news.....the new rule for HSMP Extension in totally insane.....i am trying my HSMP and if i will get it i will be 32 for further extension after two years. In UK only Oxford, Cambridge and LSE n LBS people can get immidiately 45-50k job. For any fresh person coming from outside will not get more that 25k outside london and 30k inside london....as per my understanding so far they need to make the rules as per field....IT Finance Marketing....n they your designation in UK....may be company as well....most imp thing in which region ur working......in Scotland they are giving two year working visa to almost every student as not getting people to work in Scotland....and if some one like me will start working in Scotland will not get more that 25k .....but home office will reject HSMP......so its all unfair......
they have ruled the world by making the rule as per their choise n we use to follow without any objection ....the same way it will happen with HSMP.....
He He He , so people started understanding the trick played by British Govt.

Friend, there are more better earning and liveable countries to live other than UK, just explore and see. :lol:

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:49 pm

I agree that there are better countries to live and earn. But HSMPs community stands no where. 90% won't be able to get extensions/ ILR due to these recent rules. Even if we have to go back to our Home countries we will be in a same situation when we arrived in UK.
We will have to take a start from scratch where ever we go. Coz most have sold their lands/ houses/ left jobs and came to UK to settle here but we were not aware that in UK some stupid buffons are sitting to formulate their policies.

sgodhagodha
Newly Registered

Post by sgodhagodha » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:28 pm

Some people dont understand the emotion feeling and situation of other and laugh like stupid.....i know there are so many countries where i can make my career.....just wanted to ask honestly how many people who got HSMP and will get further Levave to Remain has nat done any zol zal wala docs......Indians cant live life without it....so dont worry my friend....the one who is lauhing on my though.....british has tought us how to manipulate the situation ......i am not against any one but against the wrong system......

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:59 pm

sgodhagodha wrote:Some people dont understand the emotion feeling and situation of other and laugh like stupid.....i know there are so many countries where i can make my career.....just wanted to ask honestly how many people who got HSMP and will get further Levave to Remain has nat done any zol zal wala docs......Indians cant live life without it....so dont worry my friend....the one who is lauhing on my though.....british has tought us how to manipulate the situation ......i am not against any one but against the wrong system......
No intentions to hurt you, I was myself making joke/mockery of the changes. Did not in any manner had any intentions to hurt you.

Like you, Me too against the entire system.

Cheers.