ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I work while waiting for Entrepreneur Visa Approval?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rahil74098

Can I work while waiting for Entrepreneur Visa Approval?

Post by rahil74098 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:17 pm

I am on PSW visa and my will expire on 8th September 2013? I am looking for entrepreneur visa.
I know that you will have to stop working once u have got entrepreneur visa but I wonder if I can still work for my existing company after submitting entrepreneur visa application.
Thanks in advance for answer my question

moazzam7871

Post by moazzam7871 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:20 pm

I think you are allowed to work after submitting application and even if your PSW visa expires you can work till you get UKBA decision.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:27 pm

Its better to show your work part-time at this stage. You must act as full time worker for the role you mentioned in Entrepreneur application.

rahil74098

Post by rahil74098 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:30 pm

RizKCB wrote:Its better to show your work part-time at this stage. You must act as full time worker for the role you mentioned in Entrepreneur application.
but i m on PSW visa now so why i show my work part time? thanks

rahil74098

Post by rahil74098 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:33 pm

moazzam7871 wrote:I think you are allowed to work after submitting application and even if your PSW visa expires you can work till you get UKBA decision.
Thanks bro. I was with a solicitor in London last week. I asked this same question to him and told me that you can't work for someone after submitting your entrepreneur visa.

Jabs

Post by Jabs » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Yes you can work (full/part-time), this is allowed under Section 3C of the immigration rules.
Last edited by Jabs on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Because you have shown in your Entrepreneur Visa application that you have started your business, having contract and your role in the business as xyz.... It shows you genuine entrepreneur .

Because you have not received any decision about your Enterp Visa so you are still under PSW working rights. After giving full time to your business, you still have some part time to do your job which you can carry on until getting your Enterp. visa.

Different solicitors have different views on it.

buntyz

Re: Can I work while waiting for Entrepreneur Visa Approval?

Post by buntyz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:00 pm

rahil74098 wrote:I am on PSW visa and my will expire on 8th September 2013? I am looking for entrepreneur visa.
I know that you will have to stop working once u have got entrepreneur visa but I wonder if I can still work for my existing company after submitting entrepreneur visa application.
hey rahil74098
yes u cn work full time until u will get d decision.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: Can I work while waiting for Entrepreneur Visa Approval?

Post by rehan01 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:47 am

rahil74098 wrote:I am on PSW visa and my will expire on 8th September 2013? I am looking for entrepreneur visa.

Yes you are allowed to work Fulltime/ Part time until your application is under consideration with UKBA.

but as mention by RizKCB .... show yourself as part time if you can but ofcourse you know your circumstances ... but he made very good point

for example ..... if you registered xyz IT service company and you working as Programmer for your business ...... and you showed the contract with xyz company that you will be developing so and so software for them etc .... (which is a fulltime job itself so what he trying to say is if you showed something similar in your contract and than you carry on working full time with you current job than how will you manage 2 full time jobs at one time .... hope you got the point)

by law no one can stop you from working as long as your last leave to remain entitle you to work in uk than you can carry on working till you get decision on your application.

regards

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:31 am

Hi, Sonia here.

I'll provide you with an authentic first hand information. No need to go to any Solicitor... as many of them are still unaware of the rules. I met one solicitor who was still filing £200,000 for Tier 4 students (way after 13 december, 2012)

Anyways, check the following information extracted from UKBA website
What is my immigration status while my application is being decided?

Code: Select all

If you make an application before your authorised stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. You can continue to work until your case is decided if the conditions of your existing leave allows you to do so.
Source : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ding-stay/

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:59 am

Assuming that you had made an in-time valid application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rahil74098

Post by rahil74098 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:56 am

esic_sonia wrote:Hi, Sonia here.

I'll provide you with an authentic first hand information. No need to go to any Solicitor... as many of them are still unaware of the rules. I met one solicitor who was still filing £200,000 for Tier 4 students (way after 13 december, 2012)

Anyways, check the following information extracted from UKBA website
What is my immigration status while my application is being decided?

Code: Select all

If you make an application before your authorised stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. You can continue to work until your case is decided if the conditions of your existing leave allows you to do so.
Source : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ding-stay/
Hi Sonia,
Thanks for your answer. God bless u

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:36 pm

rahil74098 wrote:Hi Sonia,
Thanks for your answer. God bless u
Gratitude Rahil :)