ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Break in dependent visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Break in dependent visa

Post by rshelar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:23 pm

Need some help here guys.

My wife is on T1G Dependent and I am on ILR. Her visa expires in April 20013.

If she goes outside the UK in March 2013 and is out until say Sept 2013, I understand that the current dependent visa would have been expired by then.

But can I apply for a new dependent visa from outside the country in Sept 2013 ?

I know there will be a break from Apr 2013 to Sept 2013 and I am OK with that.

The only thing that I would like to know at this point is if she can re apply for a new dependent visa in Sept 2013 and if that will cause any issues?

Is there any official link regarding this ?
If yes, I assume this will be the ILR dependent ?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:39 pm

There is no such thing as an 'ilr dependent' visa. She would have to apply as the partner of a settled person. However she would be subject to the new income requirements and would have to spend another 5 years in the UK before qualifying for ilr. when was her current visa issued and how long has she lived with you in the UK?

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:00 pm

Greenie,

Thanks for the reply.

She has lived for a year with me and the current visa was issued in Mar 2012. Yes, I meant partner of a settled person my bad.

Am aware of the new 5 year requirement, need to find about the new income requirement - if you have a link handy then that would be great.

The query is more related to will there be queries as to why there is a gap of 3-4 months etc from the case officer, will these be reasons for rejection etc ?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:12 pm

why doesn't she just extend her PBS dependent visa before she leaves the UK?

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:42 pm

Yes, but if I do not go down that route and choose what I have in the first post will that be an issue.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:15 pm

well surely it's for your wife to choose, as it's her visa - I don't know why anyone would choose the option you have suggested, as it stands she can apply for ILR in a year's time, whereas if you go with your suggestion she will have to wait a further 5 years from when the new visa is issued. If your wife does choose this route the fact that she has left the UK for a few months shouldn't matter as long as she provides evidence that the marriage is subsisting.

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:50 am

Greenie,

Thanks. Yes its a no brainer to extend and apply in a years time.

But there are reasons for which I wanted to know about this option. It is something that I as a sponsor would want to know.

But if she applies for a new dependent visa again and falls in the 5 year rule will she have to wait for 5 years ?

If I take my British citizenship next year - would she not switch to a partner of a British national ? Or are you saying the rules for partner of ILR and partner of British citizen are same ?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:14 am

Yes she will have to wait for 5 years. You being British will make no difference, it's the same visa. No brainer is an understatement.

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:36 am

Thanks greenie for your help.