ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank letter problem

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

letitrainoh
Newly Registered

Bank letter problem

Post by letitrainoh » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:09 am

I am from South Korea and want to apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur.

The money for business is held in a bank in South Korea and I am trying to submit bank statement and bank letter from the bank.

Here is what I am confused.

I want to write a sentence to prove 'the money is in a regulated financial institution' in the bank letter.

The bank holding the money is one of main banks in Korea.

The sentence some people recommended is
1. 'The Bank is regulated by State Bank of South Korea.'

But what about the sentence below?
2. 'The Bank is regulated by The Bank of Korea which is central bank of South Korea.'

What I am confused is the meaning of 'State Bank of South Korea'.
If I need to write real bank name of centural bank of S.Korea, it's 'The Bank of Korea' so 'State Bank of South Korea' is not correct.

However, if it refers to the bank owned by government, saying 'State Bank of South Korea' would be fine.

Please give me advice which sentence can be used in the letter to prove the money is in a regulated financial institution.

Thanks in advance.