ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got Naturalisation letter but my Garda card expire

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lookily
Newly Registered

Got Naturalisation letter but my Garda card expire

Post by lookily » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:44 pm

i have got Naturalisation letter today.but garda card is expired on 18th jan.are they looking for valid garda card or i can send the expired one?please advice me what should i do?

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Got Naturalisation letter but my Garda card expire

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:14 pm

lookily wrote:i have got Naturalisation letter today.but garda card is expired on 18th jan.are they looking for valid garda card or i can send the expired one?please advice me what should i do?
You may need to renew your GNIB because you will be illegal when your GNIB expires!. You are only an Irish citizen from the day that Naturalisation Certificate is issued to you
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

lookily
Newly Registered

Post by lookily » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:59 am

Thanks for the reply:actually I have send eu.form 4 about 5 months ago but still waiting for decision .now my naturalisation is approved but my Garda card expire on 18 th of jAn 2013.i went to immigration but they says we are not concern with it just send what ever they ask u.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:20 am

lookily wrote:Thanks for the reply:actually I have send eu.form 4 about 5 months ago but still waiting for decision .now my naturalisation is approved but my Garda card expire on 18 th of jAn 2013.i went to immigration but they says we are not concern with it just send what ever they ask u.
Thats perfect. Do as they say, but it would have been better if they issue you with a reference or something in regards to that. I know all will be fine but if you were ever controlled by the Gards, they wont care about what you tell them that the immigration said, they will simply lock you upl!

Anyways there is nothing to panic about.

khan24

Post by khan24 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:18 pm

lookily wrote:i have got Naturalisation letter today.but garda card is expired on 18th jan.are they looking for valid garda card or i can send the expired one?please advice me what should i do?
you have to send valid GNIB card otherwise they will delay your application.its better for you to request EU Treaty section to give you temporary stamp until they process your application.

lookily
Newly Registered

Post by lookily » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Thanks for your reply.Actually i have got invitation plus approval letter of naturalisation.i have send the copy of that letter to eu treaty rights through my solicitor but still no response from them.what you think without valid garda card they can delay my ceremony or can undo the decision?too confuse.even can't celebrate.

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Post by euspouse07 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:37 pm

khan24 wrote:
you have to send valid GNIB card otherwise they will delay your application.its better for you to request EU Treaty section to give you temporary stamp until they process your application.
As their is not much information provided on their website ; therefore it may be acceptable If you send them as it now but I know someone who was in same situation but he did get his card renewed before sent away.
I believe that if you can write to EUTR and requested them to provide you with temporary stamp till they process your application for permanent card . They should be able to provide you tempory extension

lookily
Newly Registered

Post by lookily » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:29 pm

euspouse07 thanks for the reply. Actually i have already requested to eu treaty through my solicitor and send the invitation letter copy to them but i don't know how long will it take and i need to send bank draft and garda card till 22 feb.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:48 am

i have friend same situation like you just send them garda card,postal order of 950 you will be fine dont worry good luck

lookily
Newly Registered

Post by lookily » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:35 am

Thanks IQU for reply. I am a bit relax after ur reply bec I have asked many people but no body knows about this situation which I have .

mahersab

Post by mahersab » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:46 am

i know many person they send expire garda card but they get everything so just send them expire one dont wast time .best of luck
Mahersab

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:36 pm

dont delay just send your documents ASAP possible

lookily
Newly Registered

Post by lookily » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:02 pm

Thank you IQU and Maherab for the reply.

paddy12
Newly Registered

Post by paddy12 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:28 pm

hi lookily ... just wondering if you send your document and did you get any reply i am in the same situation like you. if you can update on this will be great ...

Mentalist101

Post by Mentalist101 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:31 am

I'm in the same position, should we just send what we have? We're you successful?

lookily
Newly Registered

Post by lookily » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:39 pm

Mentalist101 wrote:I'm in the same position, should we just send what we have? We're you successful?
I have send what i had and get no reply.every thing should be ok.so send what u have.

lookily
Newly Registered

Post by lookily » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:41 pm

paddy12 wrote:hi lookily ... just wondering if you send your document and did you get any reply i am in the same situation like you. if you can update on this will be great ...
I have send the documents what i had.and no reply since then.seems like every thing ok.so just send what ever u have.

Mentalist101

Post by Mentalist101 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:55 pm

lookily wrote:
Mentalist101 wrote:I'm in the same position, should we just send what we have? We're you successful?
I have send what i had and get no reply.every thing should be ok.so send what u have.
Will do that first thing Monday morning. Thanks for the reply :D

paddy12
Newly Registered

Post by paddy12 » Sat May 04, 2013 11:32 am

Mentalist101 wrote:
lookily wrote:
Will do that first thing Monday morning. Thanks for the reply :D[/quote

hello... in relation to this issue i just want to share info that INIS sent me a letter stating that my gnib was expired so i have to sent an updated gnib which i got few days ago and sent them back so now a days INIS do check the gnib if its expired or not .. so now waiting for ceremony invitation.. goodluck to everyone who are still waiting

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat May 04, 2013 5:26 pm

paddy12 wrote:hello... in relation to this issue i just want to share info that INIS sent me a letter stating that my gnib was expired so i have to sent an updated gnib which i got few days ago and sent them back so now a days INIS do check the gnib if its expired or not .. so now waiting for ceremony invitation.. goodluck to everyone who are still waiting
Your case was different. You renewed your GNIB card which makes you a holder of a GNIB card when you weren't suppose to have it.. Do you understand?

The INIS figured out that you have a new GNIB card and they sent you a letter inforing you to send it to them. If you hadn't renewed your GNIB card after you received a letter of intent, the INIS will never have bothered you.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Sat May 04, 2013 5:42 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
paddy12 wrote:hello... in relation to this issue i just want to share info that INIS sent me a letter stating that my gnib was expired so i have to sent an updated gnib which i got few days ago and sent them back so now a days INIS do check the gnib if its expired or not .. so now waiting for ceremony invitation.. goodluck to everyone who are still waiting
Your case was different. You renewed your GNIB card which makes you a holder of a GNIB card when you weren't suppose to have it.. Do you understand?

The INIS figured out that you have a new GNIB card and they sent you a letter inforing you to send it to them. If you hadn't renewed your GNIB card after you received a letter of intent, the INIS will never have bothered you.
I would have to disagree with you on this one Integrated Migrant.
One of my close friend has a pending case in EUTR for permanent resident and his stamp is expired and has a naturalisation approval but when he sent the expired GNIB card they said the same thing that Please provide us a valid GNIB card.
I understand your point also that approval letter means that you application is approved you no longer need this GNIB but unfortunately they don't think differently.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sat May 04, 2013 7:24 pm

Agreed with dublin3.

Until you attend the ceremony, you are not Irish .... And require a GNIB card to be in Ireland if you are a visa national.

I would hope the GNIB wouldn't refuse to renew the card of someone who is approved for citizenship; but that doesn't mean you don't need one.

And while I don't think this could really happen ... Until you have the naturalisation certificate in hands the minister can easily reverse his decision at any point, and living in Ireland without the appropriate documentation could be a good reason/excuse to do this.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Sat May 04, 2013 8:25 pm

dublin3 wrote:I would have to disagree with you on this one Integrated Migrant.
One of my close friend has a pending case in EUTR for permanent resident and his stamp is expired and has a naturalisation approval but when he sent the expired GNIB card they said the same thing that Please provide us a valid GNIB card.
I understand your point also that approval letter means that you application is approved you no longer need this GNIB but unfortunately they don't think differently.
To his story, it seems like @paddy12 submitted an expired GNIB card, when its obligatory to submit a valid GNIB card, the INIS then got back to him asking him to submit a valid one.
I think it is different if when you submit a valid GNIB card and it expired in the hands of the INIS

I know having received a letter on intent doesn't means you're an Irish Citizen nor you wont renew your GNIB card if expires, and I have already given @lookily an advice in regards to that.
IntegratedMigrant wrote:
You may need to renew your GNIB because you will be illegal when your GNIB expires!. You are only an Irish citizen from the day that Naturalisation Certificate is issued to you

paddy12
Newly Registered

Post by paddy12 » Sun May 05, 2013 11:57 am

hi just for clarity on this issue i submitted a expired gnib card although it was only expired for 3 weeks as advised by few people on this forum. 2 weeks after i got a letter from inis asking for updated gnib card as the one i sent was expired but they kept my draft of 950 euros n pictures.so i have to renew my gnib card.but i know some people had sent expired card before but they got there letter to attend the ceremony but now inis is checking the documents thoroughly.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:17 pm

paddy12 wrote:hi just for clarity on this issue i submitted a expired gnib card although it was only expired for 3 weeks as advised by few people on this forum. 2 weeks after i got a letter from inis asking for updated gnib card as the one i sent was expired but they kept my draft of 950 euros n pictures.so i have to renew my gnib card.but i know some people had sent expired card before but they got there letter to attend the ceremony but now inis is checking the documents thoroughly.
Understand ur situation. Thanks for sharing!