ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Third Party’s Bank mention Applicant name on Bank Letter or

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hello 27

Third Party’s Bank mention Applicant name on Bank Letter or

Post by Hello 27 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:06 pm

Hello

I have read today that one of applicant humv has got refusal from UKBA and they objected wrong format of third party letter because his/her third party bank refused to mention applicant name in Bank letter. I am worrying because this happened with me also and my UK based third party bank did not mention my name in bank letter. I submitted only balance confirmation in my third party account. I am still waiting for decision. I want to know that if Third party UK or Overseas bank don’t mention applicant name so what we can do?.

thanks

Humv

Re: Third Party’s Bank mention Applicant name on Bank Letter

Post by Humv » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:12 pm

Hello 27 wrote:Hello

I have read today that one of applicant humv has got refusal from UKBA and they objected wrong format of third party letter because his/her third party bank refused to mention applicant name in Bank letter. I am worrying because this happened with me also and my UK based third party bank did not mention my name in bank letter. I submitted only balance confirmation in my third party account. I am still waiting for decision. I want to know that if Third party UK or Overseas bank don’t mention applicant name so what we can do?.

thanks

Please read the post again. I have not been refused! I said they have send an enquiry! and I have send them a response.

I am still waiting for the decision!

aziz1053

Post by aziz1053 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Hello 27 wrote:Hello

thanks
Hello 27 please do not miss lead.
aziz1053

Hello 27

Post by Hello 27 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:33 pm

I am not misleading to anybody. I know a person who has got refusal because his UK third party bank refused to mention applicant name and he got the right of appeal.

Humv

Post by Humv » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:49 pm

Hello 27 wrote:I am not misleading to anybody. I know a person who has got refusal because his UK third party bank refused to mention applicant name and he got the right of appeal.
UK third party funds route is not allowed for inside UK applicants.

aziz1053

?

Post by aziz1053 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:52 pm

Humv wrote:
Hello 27 wrote:I am not misleading to anybody. I know a person who has got refusal because his UK third party bank refused to mention applicant name and he got the right of appeal.
didn't get the point :? .. hello 27 I was thinking you were talking about other gentleman
aziz1053

Humv

Re: ?

Post by Humv » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:57 pm

aziz1053 wrote:
Humv wrote:
didn't get the point :? .. hello 27 I was thinking you were talking about other gentleman

If you are applying from inside UK. You can not use funds from third party that is also in UK. If funds are in UK they have to be in your own account not in third party account. hope that make sense?

Hello 27

Post by Hello 27 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:13 pm

Hello Humv

Can you please give me referenc in the policy guidance that UK third party funding is not allowed and please mention which month of policy guidance you have followed?.

Humv

Post by Humv » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:33 pm

Hello 27 wrote:Hello Humv

Can you please give me referenc in the policy guidance that UK third party funding is not allowed and please mention which month of policy guidance you have followed?.
I applied in July and It has always been the same even in previous versions.

Please see below. An upto date policy guidance. Page 17:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf

92. For money held in the UK only, a recent personal bank or building society statement from the
UK financial institution holding the funds, which confirms the amount of money available to
you or your entrepreneurial team.
93. The total amount of available money must be either at least £200,000; or at least £50,000, as
applicable. If the money is held in several financial institutions, you must supply a statement
from each institution.
• The statements must be original documents and not a copy.
• The bank or building society holding the money must be based in the UK and regulated by
the FSA;
• The money must be in cash in the account. We will not accept ISA accounts or assets
such as stocks and shares;
• The account must be in your own name only (or both names for an entrepreneurial team)
only. Accounts in the name of a business or third party will not be accepted;

• Each bank or building society statement must be on the institution’s official stationery and
confirm each of the following details:
o Your name; or your name and your entrepreneurial team member’s name;
o The account number;
o The date of the statement;
o The financial institution’s name and logo;
• The bank or building society statement must have been issued by an authorised official of
that institution.

dd156
BANNED

Post by dd156 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:13 pm

^^ Statements alone are not acceptable. You must provide a letter for third party funding with all the required information.
Last edited by dd156 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hello 27

Post by Hello 27 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:15 pm

I think the point which you have raised comes under the " Attributes of Extension Application". I checked in the attributes of initial application i have not anything that UK third party funding is not allowed.

Humv

Post by Humv » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:58 pm

Hello 27 wrote:I think the point which you have raised comes under the " Attributes of Extension Application". I checked in the attributes of initial application i have not anything that UK third party funding is not allowed.

Documents we require (page 16)

87. Paragraphs 39B of the Immigration Rules states that only specified documents will be accepted
as evidence for applications for Tier 1 (Entrepreneur). The specified documents are given
below.
88. All documents must be in English, or accompanied by a certified translation from a professional
translator. The translation must include details of the translator’s credentials and confirmation
that it is an accurate translation of the original document. It must also be dated and include the
original signature of the translator.

Evidence of the amount of money available to invest:

89. You should use this evidence of funds available to invest for your initial application under
sections a; b; c and d
(see the attributes table for initial applicants).
90. You must provide one or more of the following documents:
• a letter from a financial institution;
• for money held in the UK only, an account statement;
• for money from a Venture capital firm, seed funding competition or UK
Government Department or Devolved Government Department, a letter from an
authorised accountant.
We will not accept evidence of your money from a financial institution with which the UK Border
Agency is unable to make satisfactory verification checks. A list of financial institutions which
do not satisfactorily verify financial statements can be found on our website at: at: www.ukba.
homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/studying/financial-institutions/ and in Appendix P of the Immigration Rules. More information is set out below.
91. A letter from a financial institution holding the funds, to confirm the amount of money available
to you (or your team if you have formed an entrepreneurial team).
The total amount of available money must be either at least £200,000; or at least £50,000
as applicable. If the money is held in several financial institutions, you must supply a recent
letter from each institution. If the money is not held in pounds sterling, we will use the rate of
conversion on the Oanda website at www.oanda.com to convert the money into pounds sterling,
using the exchange rate that applies on the date of the application.
Each letter must:
• be an original document and not a copy;
• be on the institution’s official headed paper;
• have been issued by an authorised official of that institution; and
• have been produced within the three months immediately before the date of your
application.
Each letter must also confirm each of the following details:
• that the institution is regulated by the appropriate body;
• your name, and your team member’s name if you have formed a entrepreneurial team;
• the date of the document;
• the amount of money available from your own funds (if applicable) that are held in that
institution;
• the amount of money available to you from any third party (if applicable) that is held in
that institution;
• the name of each third party and their contact details. These must include their full
address including postal code, landline phone number and any email address;
• that if the money is not in an institution regulated by the FSA, the money can be
transferred into the UK.
A template is included in Annex E at the end of this guidance (document 1) for your convenience
if you wish to use it.

92. For money held in the UK only,

a recent personal bank or building society statement from the
UK financial institution holding the funds, which confirms the amount of money available to
you or your entrepreneurial team.
93. The total amount of available money must be either at least £200,000; or at least £50,000, as
applicable. If the money is held in several financial institutions, you must supply a statement
from each institution.
• The statements must be original documents and not a copy.
• The bank or building society holding the money must be based in the UK and regulated by
the FSA;
• The money must be in cash in the account. We will not accept ISA accounts or assets
such as stocks and shares;
• The account must be in your own name only (or both names for an entrepreneurial team)
only. Accounts in the name of a business or third party will not be accepted;

• Each bank or building society statement must be on the institution’s official stationery and confirm each of the following details:
o Your name; or your name and your entrepreneurial team member’s name;
o The account number;
o The date of the statement;
o The financial institution’s name and logo;
• The bank or building society statement must have been issued by an authorised official of that institution.
Electronic statements: We will not accept printouts of electronic statements from an online account
without either a supporting letter from the bank, on company headed paper, confirming the
authenticity of the statements, or without the official stamp of the bank in question on each page of
the statement.
Last edited by Humv on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Humv

Post by Humv » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Please do not get confused and make other people confuse.

Read the policy guidance carefully before making any assumptions.

Hello 27

Post by Hello 27 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:31 pm

Hello Humv

This can be your view point but not mine. I mentioned before that one of friend got refusal on the basis of wrong format of bank letter which belong to UK third party but HO didnt mention that UK third party funding is not allowed. Moreover, i sent my case through solistor and i also asked your raised query with home office. I am satisfied and i wish we all get positive response from HO. The purpose of discussion is to explore more information from others not to break any heart.

Humv

Post by Humv » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:48 pm

This can be your view point but not mine. I mentioned before that one of friend got refusal on the basis of wrong format of bank letter which belong to UK third party but HO didnt mention that UK third party funding is not allowed. Moreover, i sent my case through solistor and i also asked your raised query with home office. I am satisfied and i wish we all get positive response from HO. The purpose of discussion is to explore more information from others not to break any heart.
I did not mean to offend anyone. I just wrote what I read in the policy guidance. All the very best for your application :)

Akhan14
United Kingdom

Post by Akhan14 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:40 am

Humv wrote:

I did not mean to offend anyone. I just wrote what I read in the policy guidance. All the very best for your application :)
Well guys if someone has applied using 3rd party funds in uk, they should not
Worry as i hav mentioned in one of my posts earlier that one my mates got visa based on uk third party fundings..
According to new rules, uk ba may ask for updated bank statements so make sure funds stay in ur ac's or third party's ac's atleast untill decision is made..
Good luck to everyone waiting for their decisions..

ZFDar
Pakistan

Invalid reason of refusal

Post by ZFDar » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:34 pm

My husband applied for Entrepreneur visa and he also got refusal 2day on the basis mentioning that "Bank letters did not state ur name and the funds will be made availabe to you". This is so invalid reason as banks are not authorised to provide such letter... Funds are held in third party account in UK and affidavit was also signed... Any 1 knows what to do? Ur help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Third party funding from UK Bank account is allowed. All the rumous are completely wrong that its not acceptable, I sent a letter to UKBA last week and below is the reply I received.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your letter of 13 February, asking whether third party funding is permitted for the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) route, from third parties within the UK. This is permitted.

The evidence will need to show the existence of the money (using one of the forms listed in paragraph 90 of the guidance notes on: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /applying/ ) and a declaration and a legal authorities’ confirmation of the validity of the declaration (paragraph 96).

This is set out clearly in the guidance.

I have responded by email, as I hope that this is the fastest way for you to get your response.

Yours faithfully,

L Souster
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Re: Invalid reason of refusal

Post by rizwan567 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:40 pm

ZFDar wrote:My husband applied for Entrepreneur visa and he also got refusal 2day on the basis mentioning that "Bank letters did not state ur name and the funds will be made availabe to you". This is so invalid reason as banks are not authorised to provide such letter... Funds are held in third party account in UK and affidavit was also signed... Any 1 knows what to do? Ur help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
I wonder why UKBA is asking for letters for investment funds already held in UK. If you see page question G4 of 22 of T1E application form:

G4. You must provide evidence of the amount of money available to invest. This will be one of the following documents (please confirm how many of each document has been supplied, or put a cross in the box for any document that has not been supplied).

Number of documents

For funds held overseas: A letter from each financial institution holding your funds confirming the amount of money held in that that institution; confirming that it is regulated by the home regulator and that the money is disposable in the UK.

For funds held in the UK only: A letter from each financial institution olding funds confirming the amount of money held in that that institution;
or
For funds held in the UK only: Original bank statement.

Logically, letter from overseas banks are only required to claim 25 points to show that funds are held in a regulated financial institution and letter is required to claim another 25 points to confirm that funds are transferable to the UK but if UK bank statement is provided then these two requirements are automatically met and therefore letter is not required at all.

Your friend case is wrongly refused wrong and decision can be challenged.

LETTERS FROM BANK ARE ONLY REQUIRED WHEN MONEY IS OVERSEAS. IN CASE OF UK BANK ACCOUNT ONLY BANK STATEMENT IS REQUIRED. AS YOU DO NOT NEED TO PROVE THAT ONE IS TRANFERRABLE TO UK AND REGULATED IN FSA REGULATED BANK. THESE 50 POINTS ARE AUTOMATICALLY GRANTED WHEN MONEY IS IN UK FSA BANK IN UK.

MARK MY WORDS, ALL THESE CASES CAN BE WON ON APPEAL OR ON JUDICIAL REVIEWS. CASEWORKER ARE INCOMPETENT THAT IS WHY WE ARE SEEING THESE REFUSALS. OR CASEWORKERS ARE NOT CORRECTLY INTERPRETING THE POLICY GUIDANCE.

-------------------------------------------------------------
The above is my analysis and interpretation of guideline which may be wrong or you may disagree with this.
---------------------------------------------------------------

imranali321

Post by imranali321 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:04 pm

Humv wrote:
HI

i APPLIED TIER 1 ENTREPRENEURS FROM INSIDE UK WITH THIRD PARTY FUNDS FROM OVERSEAS, MY LAWYER NEVER INFORMED ME BEFORE tht THIRD PARTY FUNDS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I THINK YOU ARE MISLEADING PEOPLES and third party funds are allowed from inside uk too as far as i knw

Tazz

Re: Invalid reason of refusal

Post by Tazz » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:55 pm

rizwan567 wrote:
ZFDar wrote:My husband applied for Entrepreneur visa and he also got refusal 2day on the basis mentioning that "Bank letters did not state ur name and the funds will be made availabe to you". This is so invalid reason as banks are not authorised to provide such letter... Funds are held in third party account in UK and affidavit was also signed... Any 1 knows what to do? Ur help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
I wonder why UKBA is asking for letters for investment funds already held in UK. If you see page question G4 of 22 of T1E application form:

G4. You must provide evidence of the amount of money available to invest. This will be one of the following documents (please confirm how many
of each document has been supplied, or put a cross in the box for any document that has not been supplied).

Number of documents

For funds held overseas: A letter from each financial institution holding your funds confirming the amount of money held in that that institution; confirming that it is regulated by the home regulator and that the money is disposable in the UK.

For funds held in the UK only: A letter from each financial institution olding funds confirming the amount of money held in that that institution;
or
For funds held in the UK only: Original bank statement.

Logically, letter from overseas banks are only required to claim 25 points to show that funds are held in a regulated financial institution and letter is required to claim another 25 points to confirm that funds are transferable to the UK but if UK bank statement is provided then these two requirements are automatically met and therefore letter is not required at all.

Your friend case is wrongly refused wrong and decision can be challenged.

LETTERS FROM BANK ARE ONLY REQUIRED WHEN MONEY IS OVERSEAS. IN CASE OF UK BANK ACCOUNT ONLY BANK STATEMENT IS REQUIRED. AS YOU DO NOT NEED TO PROVE THAT ONE IS TRANFERRABLE TO UK AND REGULATED IN FSA REGULATED BANK. THESE 50 POINTS ARE AUTOMATICALLY GRANTED WHEN MONEY IS IN UK FSA BANK IN UK.

MARK MY WORDS, ALL THESE CASES CAN BE WON ON APPEAL OR ON JUDICIAL REVIEWS. CASEWORKER ARE INCOMPETENT THAT IS WHY WE ARE SEEING THESE REFUSALS. OR CASEWORKERS ARE NOT CORRECTLY INTERPRETING THE POLICY GUIDANCE.

-------------------------------------------------------------
The above is my analysis and interpretation of guideline which may be wrong or you may disagree with this.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Rizwan567

As I wrote on other post ( tier 1 processing time)
My friend have the same issue that HO refused to give him visa cuz of the Bank Letter from Bank saying your name and funds are available for you. He is quite depressed and now we have same issue here so any suggestions because he didn't get chance to appeal cuz he still got the visa so only option is JR
Thanks

kashif11

Post by kashif11 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:28 am

my visa was reused because my entrepreneur team member and i have not provide bank letter, that show that they both have access on fund of each other or vise versa. we both have 25000 in personal account. Please tell us how to defend this point. there are other allegation as well that we may defend.