ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA1 and EEA2 application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BonoVox
Newly Registered

EEA1 and EEA2 application

Post by BonoVox » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:02 pm

Hi guys,

As some people here, I've been reading this forum silently for a while and now I decided to share my case; I am married with an European.

My time line is:

EEA1 + EEA2 APP sent: 31/12/12
APP received by HO: 01/01/13
COA Received: 01/02/13 (dated: 30/01/12)
RC: Waiting..

I got a question; I sent all the right documents to them and It seems It's everything alright, My wife is self-employed and she registered as a couple of months ago; Now, we just received the confirmation of the direct debit we asked the H&M to pay the national insurance contributions. Should I send this letter to the HO, or should I just let as It is... and wait.. What do you think?

I also thought about writing them to try to speed up the process since I can't travel and my job requires me to travel a lot (I've been missing a lot of work since I need to go to America often). I also don't know If now that we got the COA, I request our passports back - as many people here tend to do.

I appreciate If you guys can help me. This process is so slow..

Thanks!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:21 pm

if your eea partner is excercising its treaty rights on the basis of self employment than keep in mind that for this mode ukba always want to see more extended documents for more extended time not certainly 2 months one. For guidance there is a special sticky thread available at the top of the page.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

crii
Newly Registered

Eea2 RC urgent help!!!

Post by crii » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi All,

It's Krystal here,I am a eea national,
With a few simple questions, my husband is going to apply for his RC next week,as our FP expiring on 28.
I am exercising treaty rights and my husband got a confirmation letter from his employer confirming his date of start the job so basically we both have secured the employment.
My queries are:-
1-we do not have a registration with a local GP?
2-how to register my husband with a local GP as the FP is a short term visa?
3-can I get him a comprehensive insurance instead,and I get registered with a GP?
4-do I need a registration certificate?to support his application? I am a (Spanish)national.
5-can we go in person and apply for RC?
6-what courier we should use to get our docs delivered safely? Recorded or registered?
Thanks very much for reading,
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Krystal

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:02 pm

@krystal.
If you as eea national is doing job then its enough to excercise treaty to apply rc for your husband. For this there is no need to buy medical insurance or attaching your non-eea husband's job detail that is irrelevant. You just attach your payslips/job confirmation letter. Unfortunately eea2 rc cannot apply in person rather the best and economical service is Royalmail nextday guranteed service.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS