ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ENGLISH LANGUAGE LETTER FROM UNIVERSITY

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KKG
Newly Registered

ENGLISH LANGUAGE LETTER FROM UNIVERSITY

Post by KKG » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:01 pm

Hi guys,

I need suggestion from you guys specially frpm moderator.

My question is that I've done my BCS(H) from ILM affiliated with hamdard university, it's a three years degree program obviously which is not equal to UK bachelors degree so if I get a letter from my university which mentions that all the subjects in the required degree were taught in english will it work? because HSMP team mentioned in HSMP form that you should provide the letter of "Bachelors degree, equivalent to UK bachelors, "Taught in English".

Thanks

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:24 pm

Nope, it wont work. IELTS is the only option for you.+

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:26 pm

i'm no moderator, but if they check with NARIC and find out it is not equivalent of UK Bachelors degree, then it wont be used for English requirement.

Read somewhere that one person even had a letter from NARIC stating their Bachelors degree was equivalent of UK Bachelors, and they had letter from university - but Home Office looked on the NARIC database themselves which suggested that degree was not taught in English.

I would first recommend talking to someone on Work Permits phone line and verify whether your qualification, if assessed by NARIC or the appropriate professional body in the UK, could be considered for English requirement - but answer is most likely NO

paramjit2k

Re: ENGLISH LANGUAGE LETTER FROM UNIVERSITY

Post by paramjit2k » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:24 pm

KKG wrote:Hi guys,

I need suggestion from you guys specially frpm moderator.

My question is that I've done my BCS(H) from ILM affiliated with hamdard university, it's a three years degree program obviously which is not equal to UK bachelors degree so if I get a letter from my university which mentions that all the subjects in the required degree were taught in english will it work? because HSMP team mentioned in HSMP form that you should provide the letter of "Bachelors degree, equivalent to UK bachelors, "Taught in English".

Thanks
First thing, why it is OBIVIOUS ur degree program is not equivalent to UK bachelor degree. I have not seen any case so far where some Indian degree is evaluated at lower level.

So I guess, u can just a get the letter from the university on there letter head.

It shud mention,
Ur name
Degree name
duration
Years
MEDIUM of INSTRUCTION

Hope it helps :lol:
Regards,

Pam Aujla

KKG
Newly Registered

Re: ENGLISH LANGUAGE LETTER FROM UNIVERSITY

Post by KKG » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:59 pm

Thanx for all the suggestions but what if i will get the letter from both of my universities i-e masters and bachelors, would it work?. because bachelors+masters=17 years education which is equivalent to UK's masters education.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:22 pm

well that way, i can submit my education from 10th standard, it would probably make 27 years :-).

Well, moral of the story is you can't combine your degrees. So if you are still having trouble to qualify under English lang requirement using your degrees and letters, dont risk wasting any more time, just sit for IELTS as soon as possible.

zap
Newly Registered

urgent

Post by zap » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:17 am

Yes,,,I also seek advice from moderator and others,,,

my degree itself clearly shows 3 yeras bachelor degree and medium
of language as english even in transcript english is mentioned as first
languge for full duration,,,still I need a separate letter from uni or
college ??? or not required,,,

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:10 am

well one Aussie had his application rejected because he didnt send in letter. It said on his transcript it was all taught in English, and he put a 'postit' note on the application pointing to that statement.

having a letter, in the format that they clearly ask for in Guidance Notes, would be safest...then you can relax that little bit more