ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T1 Ext for an other 3 years

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

msvayani

T1 Ext for an other 3 years

Post by msvayani » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:12 pm

Hi to all,

I just want to confirm my T1 Gen extension period.

I am on T1 General and made initial successful application on 3rd March 2010 (before 6 April rule). I was given 3 years visa. Now when I applied for extension on 1st Feb 2013, I was expecting to get further 2 years visa to make it total 5 years. But when today I received my BRP, I noticed that I have been given a visa up to 1st Feb 2016 (For an other 3 years instead of 2 years).

Has anyone else experienced same thing or has there been any changes in rules??

1. Do I need to raise this with UKBA?

2. For ILR, I suppose I will have to complete just 5 years (March 2015) and don't have to wait till 2016?

Kindly advice or share experience.

Regards

MSV

hrishi29
Newly Registered

Same with me

Post by hrishi29 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:31 pm

I too received for another three years today. See my post "Tier1 Initial Leave to Remain 3 Yrs, Ext BRP Validity 3 Yrs!" for which I'm waiting some views.

Regards
Hrishi

kpk1234

Re: T1 Ext for an other 3 years

Post by kpk1234 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:28 pm

msvayani wrote:Hi to all,

I just want to confirm my T1 Gen extension period.

I am on T1 General and made initial successful application on 3rd March 2010 (before 6 April rule). I was given 3 years visa. Now when I applied for extension on 1st Feb 2013, I was expecting to get further 2 years visa to make it total 5 years. But when today I received my BRP, I noticed that I have been given a visa up to 1st Feb 2016 (For an other 3 years instead of 2 years).

Has anyone else experienced same thing or has there been any changes in rules??

1. Do I need to raise this with UKBA?

I suggest contacting UKBA as they should not point out when you apply for ILR

2. For ILR, I suppose I will have to complete just 5 years (March 2015) and don't have to wait till 2016?

you can apply as soon as you finish 5 years. But get it corrected by contating your caseworker.

Kindly advice or share experience.

Regards

MSV