ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Initial Leave to Remain 3 Yrs, Ext BRP Validity 3 Yrs!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hrishi29
Newly Registered

Tier1 Initial Leave to Remain 3 Yrs, Ext BRP Validity 3 Yrs!

Post by hrishi29 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:28 pm

Dear All

I was granted Initial Tier 1 Leave to Remain for 3 Years starting 30th Nov 2009. I applied for an extension on 8th Nov 2012 as my initial leave was to expire on 30th Nov 2012. I was thinking my BRP will be valid for another 2 years till 30th Nov 2014 when I will be elegible for ILR.

Today I have received my BRP which has Issue Date as 31/01/2013 but the "Valid Until" date on it is 31/01/2016!

What I dont understand is that if my initial leave to remain was 3 years, how come I have got 3 more years extension? Shouldn't it be 2 years?

Another fact is that I will be completing 10 years of legal stay in this country in March 2014. I've lived here on Work Permit, Student Visa, Work Permit Dependent and for last three years on Tier 1 Visa. As such I think I can anyways apply for ILR due to the 10 year rule. So still not sure how I've got 3 more year extension.

In a way atleast I do not have problem like others where I'm falling short of period for ILR but the BRP validity has puzzled me.

Any ideas?

Regards
Hrishi

kpk1234

Post by kpk1234 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:20 pm

Hi

You need to get it corrected by contacting your caseworker. My friend was in similar situation and contacted the case worker who promptly rectified it. Even though you will be eligible for ILR march 2014. I would recommend getting it changed.

Regards,