ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there any problem for us when we apply ILR?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mielay2004
Newly Registered

Is there any problem for us when we apply ILR?

Post by mielay2004 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:52 pm

Hi
I have a visa which is leave to remain for 5 years. My baby was born in UK and she is 8 months old. My wife was student and stayed with student visa before I married her. Now, she got a visa which is the same like me after I married her. She is applying a nursing course in singapore so my baby will stay with her. Is there any problem for her and my baby when they apply ILR and British Citizenship? When I finish my course I have to find a job. Am I allowed to apply a job in abroad? If I work or stay in abroad Is there any problem for me when I apply ILR? I've been in UK since 1997.

Thanks

ML

JAJ
Australia

Re: Is there any problem for us when we apply ILR?

Post by JAJ » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:13 am

mielay2004 wrote:Hi
I have a visa which is leave to remain for 5 years. My baby was born in UK and she is 8 months old. My wife was student and stayed with student visa before I married her. Now, she got a visa which is the same like me after I married her. She is applying a nursing course in singapore so my baby will stay with her. Is there any problem for her and my baby when they apply ILR and British Citizenship? When I finish my course I have to find a job. Am I allowed to apply a job in abroad? If I work or stay in abroad Is there any problem for me when I apply ILR? I've been in UK since 1997.
If you mean will working outside the UK mean you can't get ILR, the answer is most likely yes, it will be a problem.