ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary concession for Syrians under the Immigration Rules

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

extranjero
Newly Registered

Temporary concession for Syrians under the Immigration Rules

Post by extranjero » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:45 am

Dear everyone,

The British Government announced in October 2012 that it would provide Syrian nationals whose permission to stay in the UK (leave to remain) is about to expire, or has expired in the last 28 days, and they wish to stay in the UK there are now some new options available to them. This concession applies only until 15 March 2013.

This is the link to the announcement:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... r/38-syria

I spoke to UKBA customer service but they dont have a clear idea on how to proceed, unfortunately. I was wondering if there are Syrians who applied previously that could help me with the process of the application, or if there is someone who has some information on the procedure.

Your help is really appreciated.

Best,