ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CITIZENSHIP THROUGH MARRIAGE OR RESIDENCY

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seedvision
Newly Registered

CITIZENSHIP THROUGH MARRIAGE OR RESIDENCY

Post by seedvision » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:02 pm

I got married to my wife January 09, under the EU family my wife from is from Poland, i was issued with Stamp EU4fam in June same year. My wife applied for Irish citizenship and her application was successful, last month she became Irish Citizen.

I will be due for longtime resident/citizenship next year 2014. making 5 years legal stay.

My Question is: Now that my wife is Irish citizen, can i apply for citizenship straight away after 4year married to Irish citizen? or i still have to wait to complete my five years of residence?

Can i apply under marriage to Irish citizen even she was polish at the time of our wedding?

your expert opinion welcome. thanks.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:34 pm

Based on my knowledge, you have to be married to an Irish Citizen for 3 years prior to the date of your application. Now your wife just became Irish and that might make you ineligible to apply on that basis.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

rlow68

Re: CITIZENSHIP THROUGH MARRIAGE OR RESIDENCY

Post by rlow68 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:29 pm

seedvision wrote:I got married to my wife January 09, under the EU family my wife from is from Poland, i was issued with Stamp EU4fam in June same year. My wife applied for Irish citizenship and her application was successful, last month she became Irish Citizen.

I will be due for longtime resident/citizenship next year 2014. making 5 years legal stay.

My Question is: Now that my wife is Irish citizen, can i apply for citizenship straight away after 4year married to Irish citizen? or i still have to wait to complete my five years of residence?

Can i apply under marriage to Irish citizen even she was polish at the time of our wedding?

your expert opinion welcome. thanks.

It may be possible, if I were you I will apply, the worst you will be informed that you are not qualified, but I have a positive incline about the application, you can consult an immigration lawyer for assistance. Good luck

CitationCj2

Re: CITIZENSHIP THROUGH MARRIAGE OR RESIDENCY

Post by CitationCj2 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:46 pm

I would advise you to apply in basis of 5 year residency.
I think from my experience that inis dont really have time for irish spouse applicants and we are on the long waiting lists. Most people that applied on 5 year residence get looked after quicker.

Also my mistake, i should have applied based on the residence because i live in ireland over 10 years, but i didnt and im still waiting for my approval.

biggerjosh

Post by biggerjosh » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:33 pm

You can apply for citizenship straight away but i would also advise you to wait for 5 years and then apply as citizenship based on Irish spouse takes time so better wait one more year than waiting yearssssssssssss

God's Favour
Newly Registered

irish or eu spouse

Post by God's Favour » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:21 am

I think you should apply right away, provided your working and no criminal record you stand a good chance. apply and include that your applying based on your wife being irish probably not polish.