ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I use third party funds from uk?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ahmed25

Can I use third party funds from uk?

Post by Ahmed25 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:49 am

Hi,

My friend wants to apply from Pakistan can he use third party funds from uk bank account?

rahil74098

Re: Can I use third party funds from uk?

Post by rahil74098 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:37 am

Ahmed25 wrote:Hi,

My friend wants to apply from Pakistan can he use third party funds from uk bank account?
Hi,
yes he can. Third party funds can be used from any country of the world.
Regards
Rahil

Ahmed25

Post by Ahmed25 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:35 am

well thanks for your reply. Actually I am bit confused about 92 and 93 points of the guidance that's why I raised this question please have a look (specially the highlighted text) and then post your opinion.

92. For money held in the UK only, a recent personal bank or building society statement from the
UK financial institution holding the funds, which confirms the amount of money available to
you or your entrepreneurial team.
93. The total amount of available money must be either at least £200,000; or at least £50,000, as
applicable. If the money is held in several financial institutions, you must supply a statement
from each institution.
• The statements must be original documents and not a copy.
• The bank or building society holding the money must be based in the UK and regulated by
the FSA;
• The money must be in cash in the account. We will not accept ISA accounts or assets
such as stocks and shares;
The account must be in your own name only (or both names for an entrepreneurial team) only. Accounts in the name of a business or third party will not be accepted;

rahil74098

Post by rahil74098 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:01 am

Ahmed25 wrote:well thanks for your reply. Actually I am bit confused about 92 and 93 points of the guidance that's why I raised this question please have a look (specially the highlighted text) and then post your opinion.

92. For money held in the UK only, a recent personal bank or building society statement from the
UK financial institution holding the funds, which confirms the amount of money available to
you or your entrepreneurial team.
93. The total amount of available money must be either at least £200,000; or at least £50,000, as
applicable. If the money is held in several financial institutions, you must supply a statement
from each institution.
• The statements must be original documents and not a copy.
• The bank or building society holding the money must be based in the UK and regulated by
the FSA;
• The money must be in cash in the account. We will not accept ISA accounts or assets
such as stocks and shares;
The account must be in your own name only (or both names for an entrepreneurial team) only. Accounts in the name of a business or third party will not be accepted;
Salam,
For initial application you can use the bank statement of third party from any country in the world. For initial application, you can get complete information from page (1- 12) and read policy guidance notes carefully.
source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf
Regards,
Raheel

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:35 am

In paragraph 92 of the policy guidance (as highlighted by Ahmed25) is clearly written

' The account must be in your own name only (or both names for an entrepreneurial team) only. Accounts in the name of a business or third party will not be accepted;'

Why is it so if third party can be accepted from all over the world? Is it a typing mistake or what?

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:10 am

Page 16 of Policy Guidance: DOCUMENTS WE REQUIRE Actual story begins here.

Refer Point 90, 92 and 93 in policy guidance:

In point 93, it is stated that we can only provide our own personal statements for money held in UK. NO THIRD PARTY statements for money held in UK.

rsrameshsunil

Post by rsrameshsunil » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:21 pm

My understanding...you can use third party funds in UK...its just that you wont be able to claim points by showing just a bank statement of a third party's account(bcos its not allowed)...however you can claim points from third party funds if you can manage to obtain a letter from the bank as mentioned in policy guidance....

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:12 pm

third party funds from uk bank account not acceptable.

rahil74098

Post by rahil74098 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi friends,
yes all my friends are right. Ahmed's friend is in Pakistan and he is not living in UK so he can use the bank statement of third part from UK for entrepreneur visa. Tell me one thing if someone is not living in UK and how can he show the funds in his personal bank account in UK.
Yes someone is in UK then he have to show funds from personal bank account because he is applying from UK. I think all of you understand my point.
Ahmed's friend can apply for entrepreneur visa on the bank statement of third party from UK because he is not living in UK
Thanks Regards,
Raheel