ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent!! Switching from student visa to HSMP dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

muimui
Newly Registered

Urgent!! Switching from student visa to HSMP dependent visa

Post by muimui » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:46 pm

hi,

could someone please help me out with this? My husband has travelled back to his country to get the EC for HSMP as we have been told that student dependent visa won't be able to switch in-country.

After 3 weeks time, he got the EC. For some reasons, i did not go back with him and i also thought that i was able to apply for HSMP dependent visa in the uk as i am holding student visa.

When i was trying to get the correct application form and phoned the home office, they told my husband that i need to go back to get HSMP dependent visa. To be honest, I am not quite believe in some people working there as last time one of the officers told me that my husband can apply LTR for HSMP in the UK (In fact its not).

The problem is my student visa is gonna expire on 8th Jan. Does anyone know anything about it or have a smiliar situation? Please guide me....i would really appreciatefor that...

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:53 pm

In my form it says that If I put my dependent along with my application, then i have to pay only one fee, where as if the dependent applies seperately then I will need to pay the fees for two as two seperate applications. By this, I would imagine, you should be able to apply for FLR once your husbans is back in the country.

Anyway, in these kind of cases, It is best to approach a lawyer even if costs a couple of hundred pounds. ( What more do we have to lose, once we are on HSMP, we are bound to lose money :-) )

I have already spent 2000 pounds and still waiting for my extension.