ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR For wife n kids!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tiktiki

Ilr for wife!!

Post by tiktiki » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Hi

I am on tier 2 ICT.
I have 2 doubts.

1.My company ha finally agreed for employer letter n I m applying for ILR now.My wife was dependent on me since 2007 but only last year she applied for her WP N she got it.
Can she apply for ILR with me??or she has to wait for 5years.

2..Also when I am trying to book apnt.I can book for myself but not for dependents.so can I do my ILR in premium service n do kids later by postal application.

Thank u

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:38 pm

1. If she was still your dependent, then yes she could. But because she has a visa in her own right now, she will have to wait 5 years.
2. Where were your children born? I am sure that if they are dependent on your visa, they have to apply with the main applicant, but I could be slightly wrong.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mayan12

Post by Mayan12 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:03 am

Hi tiktiki,

I am in the same boat - If she cannot apply along with you what are the options - Should she switch to FLR. Gurus please enlighten.

-Mayan

tiktiki

Query about dependent!

Post by tiktiki » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:30 am

Hi

I m on work permit since 2004 n my wife is dependent on me from 2004.I m due for my Ilr but caz my company was not giving me employer letter I was unable to apply but finally company is ready for the letter.in the mean time my wife has stamped her work permitt last year as we wanted to be safe enough.
My question is can she apply with us for Ilr as she is in the country dr past 8 years n married to me since 2004.
Second is if she can't she will get dependent on me .when she applies for dependent she will have to do it from home country does she have to submitt her pay slips or only my slip s are needed.

Plz advise
Thank you

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:37 am

When you for your ILR unfortunately your wife won't be eligible for ILR as she is on her WP.

However, as you correctly said she can apply for ILR if she becomes your dependant again.

Your dependant has to switch from outside the uk as far as per my understanding of the rules.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

tiktiki

Post by tiktiki » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:43 am

Thank you for your reply.also my appointment is on 27 th feb n I m changing the house on 15 th feb should there b any problem ??
Thank you

tiktiki

ILR For wife n kids!!

Post by tiktiki » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi All

I am due for Ilr and have appointment on 28th feb.I have 2 kids one is uk borne n other one back home.I am on tier 2 ICT.

My wife is on wp since last July.I spoke with one of the solicitor and she said that my kids cant apply for ILR as my wife is on wp.They are dependent on my wife as she is mum not on me:(

my son is 2yrs n daughter is 6yrs.

I am sorry but everyone tells me a new rule everyday!!!

Plz help me.

Thank u

uksettlement
India

Re: ILR For wife n kids!!

Post by uksettlement » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:55 pm

tiktiki wrote:Hi All

I am due for Ilr and have appointment on 28th feb.I have 2 kids one is uk borne n other one back home.I am on tier 2 ICT.

My wife is on wp since last July.I spoke with one of the solicitor and she said that my kids cant apply for ILR as my wife is on wp.They are dependent on my wife as she is mum not on me:(

my son is 2yrs n daughter is 6yrs.

I am sorry but everyone tells me a new rule everyday!!!

Plz help me.

Thank u
You can appply for ILR for yourself and for 2 kids together, If kids are dependant on your visa. Also, you may want to apply for ILR for yourself and one of your kids as the uk born kid will qualify for British citizenship as soon as you get your ILR. Gurus let me know if this isn't correct.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

db83

Post by db83 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:25 pm

I second uksettlement. I'm in a similar case as yours...its just that my Mrs is on Tier 1

There are loads of cases like this in the forum. Just search for it...and one such FAQ is below

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 356#592356
I'm just trying to help !

tiktiki

Post by tiktiki » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:45 pm

Thank you guys!!

I had a meeting with the lady solicitor n she said she cant do kids ILR with me !!Anyway I have decided I will get my ILR n then apply for my kids and wife.

I have one querry if i get ILR what category should i apply for my wife.

Can u plz tell me.

Thank you.

tiktiki

Ilr for dependent!!!

Post by tiktiki » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi everyone

I am due for my Ilr in first week of june.Finally I have been changed as an uk employee from March n company is ready to give me employers letter.so had to wait for 3 months before I apply for ILR.

My wife has got her own Wp and my kids are dependent on my visa.My elder is born in India n younger in uk.

The solicitor through which I am applying says that only I will get Ilr n my kids will be Ilr dependent as my wife has got her own Wp.

Is that true?? Only reason I am going with this solicitor is my company said that they will give letter if and only if I go with her they will give the letter.

Trouble is my tier 2 ICT expires on 13 th June n solicitor is going to take appointment is first week of June.

What should I do ? Should I apply my kids application with me or it has to be next day???

Can someone plz shine some light on it plz!!

Thank you

vinny

Re: Dependent ilr query!!

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:28 pm

tiktiki wrote:Hi all

Today i got my ilr approved!! I was on tier2ict.Thank you very much everyone for your help n suggestion. I will write my exp in details by this weekend.

Now I have to apply for my wife as a dependent .do I need to fill in set m form?? Is that right?? Thing which is confusing me is

You cannot apply in a partner category if you:

are the spouse or partner of a person who is settled in the UK or has British citizenship if their most recent permission to stay was under tiers 1, 2, or 5 of the points-based system; and
you do not qualify for settlement yet.

Plz adv

Thank you
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:36 pm

If she wishes, then she and her non-UK born child may switch to FLR(M), as their most recent permission to stay wasn't under tiers 1, 2, or 5 of the points-based system; and they do not qualify for settlement yet.

UK born child is entitled to register as a British citizen.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

tiktiki

Post by tiktiki » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:47 am

Thank you for your reply . My wife is in tier 2 !! Can she still apply to FLR M.please advise thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:34 am

Click on given links for more info.

tiktiki

Post by tiktiki » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:46 pm

Thank you vinny!!

Can u plz let me know if I need to give 3 months payslips or 6 months ?? Also how many months bank statements are needed ??

Thank you

vinny

Re: Ilr dependent visa n change of company!!!

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:35 pm

tiktiki wrote:Hi

I have got my ILR on6th June. My wife is other workpermitt. I want to apply for her dependent visa.I am waiting as we need 6months pay slip till September .My query is if I change my company should it be a problem?? Will I have to wait agin for 6 months??
The reason I am asking this question now is ski can make an appointment in September if there is no problem.
Can someone plz help me.

Thank you

vinny

FLR M dependent query!!

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:36 pm

tiktiki wrote:Hi all

With the grace of god I got my Ilr in July 2013.My wife is on her own work permit since September 2012.Now I am applying for my wife as PBS Dependent FLRM.After I got my ILR I changed the company and joined the new company this September 2013.I am still in probation period with the new company which I will be finishing in December.My query is do I have to get the letter from the employer.

Please advise.

Thank you

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:38 pm

tiktiki

Post by tiktiki » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:29 am

Hi vinny

I apologise for new topic and hence forth will continue in the same topic only.I am sorry for this.

Thank you for your reply.i have read the link you advised.It says that if you are employed in the job for less than 6 months then you need to provide 12 months payslips.so do I have to provide with 12 months payslips??

Also do I need a letter from the employer as I am still in probation period or as it's written there that job offer given in past 3 months should be fine.

Please advise

Thank u

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:48 pm

If you have been employed for <6 months and are applying under Cat B. There will be two tests, 1. your annual salary meets the required amount and 2. you have actually earned the required amount in the last 12 months. Thus, 12 months wage slips are required and also a letter from each employer over that period as well as any other specified evidence as per the link Vinny kindly supplied.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tiktiki

Post by tiktiki » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:55 pm

Thank you for your reply.one thing is for sure that I have to submit the 12 months payslips but the problem is I was on home country s payroll till January 2013 and I used to get livex not the salary. I used to get half of salary here and half in home country .I was transferred to UK payroll from February 2013. That's is why I had to wait till July to produce the past 3 months payslips to apply for my ILR .when I will be applying for my wife's PBS dependent I can produce Uk payslips for 9 months but before that i will have to give the other payslips.
I can produce the bank documents also.

Should there be any problem?? I am worried that if they see this old payslips which are not right will they create any problem for myself also???

Please advise

tiktiki

Post by tiktiki » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Can someone reply plz thank u

tiktiki

ILR absence for maternity.

Post by tiktiki » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:23 pm

Hi everyone

This question is regarding my wife.she entered in uk

I m on ILR n my 2 kids are also on ILR.My wife is on ILR dependent. She didn't getILR with us as she was on her on work permit.
3rd October 2004 left uk for maternity purpose 3may 2006and came back jan 2007 .
After this long absence we are continuously here other than monthly holidays every year.

My question is she was absent for 10 months. She will actually finish 10 years October 2014. So can she apply for ILR in 10 years basis after 10 months from October 2010 or she will have to wait till 2017.

Please answer.

Thank you

Obie
Ireland

Re: ILR absence for maternity.

Post by Obie » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:51 pm

10 Months absence is a long period of absence for ILR under the long residency provision.

When you secure ILR, did she switch to you status, and when did the switch took place.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors