ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ncs asked too many docs

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alwaysintrouble
Newly Registered

Ncs asked too many docs

Post by alwaysintrouble » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:01 pm

Rant

I have applied through after a long waiting list of one and half week.
I have an6(1) type application. Wp + tier1 + 1 year ilr for single adult.
I took whole lot of documents with me in case they needed.

But she asked passport, life in uk, license + counterpart, 5 p60's, employer letter

I said I don't have to send them all . She said " yes u do" ?? I am non-eu Indian.
Else book another appointment.

Did she complicated my application unnecessarily ??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:52 pm

Did she complicated my application unnecessarily ?? - No

i applied as spouse of bc and ncs took p60, LIUK, passport, marriage certificate
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

trs2011
- thin ice -

Re: Ncs asked too many docs

Post by trs2011 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:59 pm

alwaysintrouble wrote:Rant

But she asked passport, life in uk, license + counterpart, 5 p60's, employer letter

I said I don't have to send them all . She said " yes u do" ?? I am non-eu Indian.

Yes she did , didn't know what she was doing . The only important documents are your passport and Life in UK and of course passport photo and the money invoice .
That is why i never used them because i actually discovered that they just take your money for nothing and yet most of their advisors are plain useless . I sent mine by post and the documents i mentioned were the ones i sent and got my approval within 6 weeks .

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:05 pm

it wont complicate your application. if all your affairs are in order then you have nothing to worry about.
good luck and keep us updated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:32 am

Don't worry, you will get approval soon, Good luck

niteshj

Post by niteshj » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:37 pm

trs2011 wrote:
Yes she did , didn't know what she was doing . The only important documents are your passport and Life in UK and of course passport photo and the money invoice .
That is why i never used them because i actually discovered that they just take your money for nothing and yet most of their advisors are plain useless . I sent mine by post and the documents i mentioned were the ones i sent and got my approval within 6 weeks .

NCS is good that you can keep your passport if that is important to you
surprised to hear that they asked for P60 as employment is not a pre-requisite to BC

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:41 pm

P60 would be proof that your tax affairs are in order notto confirm employment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:06 pm

trs2011 wrote:
alwaysintrouble wrote:Rant

Even life in UK test doc isn't important if you had already provided it to obtain settlement/ILR. All I carried with me was my passport and the filled up form. She asked me for Life in UK test doc and I said I don't need to submit that as I had already submitted that while applying for ILR. I also showed her the instructions in the past. She didn't agree with me and said that I'm the first person who doesn't provide this document. She then called UKBA and they confirmed that I don't need to provide that document as I had already provided during ILR.

If you don't agree with NCS ask them to confirm with UKBA and show them the rules.

mrproblem

Post by mrproblem » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:22 pm

That is strange. I am going to NCS soon and I have got my old and new passport and my P60's. Is that enough or do I need letter from employer as well? I am worried now as I cannot get the letter before my appointment

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:26 pm

mrproblem wrote:That is strange. I am going to NCS soon and I have got my old and new passport and my P60's. Is that enough or do I need letter from employer as well? I am worried now as I cannot get the letter before my appointment
You don't need a letter from your employer as employment is not a requirement for naturalisation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

alwaysintrouble
Newly Registered

Post by alwaysintrouble » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:45 pm

Sorry Guys !!

If i had set up the panic.. I had some relatively new person at the NCS.
I showed her the back side(of course of the form) last page.

I told I am single, Tier 1 nonEU + 1.5 years of ILR.

All I need is passport, may be life in Uk certificate(which I already use with ILR). But she said no You have to fill certificate number and tick that as well. If your are employed, we need letter, P60s,

if you have driving license -its copy and counterpart.
I have already taken day off from work and also did half and hour journey. I did not argue after a point as I have got appointment after a good week of waiting time(someone told me if you send it through the council it will less of hassle as they do fill the ceremony form as well).

But i had in my bag all the docs, in case she needs it.

But to be rational, ALL they SHOULD ask is the passports, app form, photo, a fee slip.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:51 pm

alwaysintrouble wrote:Sorry Guys !!

If i had set up the panic.. I had some relatively new person at the NCS.
I showed her the back side(of course of the form) last page.

I told I am single, Tier 1 nonEU + 1.5 years of ILR.

All I need is passport, may be life in Uk certificate(which I already use with ILR). But she said no You have to fill certificate number and tick that as well. If your are employed, we need letter, P60s,

if you have driving license -its copy and counterpart.
I have already taken day off from work and also did half and hour journey. I did not argue after a point as I have got appointment after a good week of waiting time(someone told me if you send it through the council it will less of hassle as they do fill the ceremony form as well).

But i had in my bag all the docs, in case she needs it.

But to be rational, ALL they SHOULD ask is the passports, app form, photo, a fee slip.
Are you sure you only showed the backside of the form, nothing else? :P

What I would have done in your case is complain about that person after the application was made.